• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions - which files in which directories- Windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before upgrading my windows 7 to Windows 10, I just dragged all my documents from the explorer's left panel's documents entry to my thumb drive.

After upgrade, I tried to restore them, but I found all files had dragged out to the thumb drive without any directory structure; they were all dumped into one folder.

In Windows, when I drill down through C drive there is now a structure of four directories under C:\Users\username\Documents\My Digital Editions:

Annotations, Manifest, Tags and Thumbnails.

Which of my files should go back into which directories???

E.G. I have a book named Mybook.pdf, which is big so must be the book.

Then a file named Mybook.pdf.xml

Mybook.acsm

Mybook.pdf.png

Mybook.pdf.annot

then files named borrowed.xml,  purchased.xml,  welcome.epub, welcome.epub.annot,  welcome.epub.png, welcome.epub.xml.

Also three other pdf files without any matching named files. Perhaps pdf books without any metadata?

Where the heck should I restore each file to?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now fixed all the other problems that the Win10 upgrade caused. So I just need to know where to put these ADE files, in the correct directories, and I will be back to normal. Thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*** Please don't read my reply and think my problem is solved. It's NOT.  I still need to know where to restore those files, to avoid a mess when I try to run Digital Editions the first time after my Windows 10 upgrade.****

There is no edit buton so I cannot edit my reply, or post.  Both of my replies are meant to be edits, or comments, to my initial post, but there is no edit button. Other forums have a comment button, which appends a comment to any post, without being a reply.   Otherwise I would have appended my update to my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, thanks for nothing. I have checked back many times and nobody out there can be bothered to help me out of a fix.

I have helped many people in other forums and this is the thanks I get.

You should all feel ashamed of yourselves!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines