• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS - can't find where to contact support!

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be in a loop on the website -- I was trying to get this to work with my new ereader and I messed things up during the process of working on firmware updates.  I realize i need to reset my authorizations, and should contact support -- but I simply can't get to any spot on the Adobe website where that's possible.

Here is the error:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 8:10000:10000 urn:uuid:5c96d000-b17f-4f1e-8c5b-a1b9d53187c8

Hopefully someone can help me... I can see where to "erase authorization" on my laptop, but I assume that only removes that particular authorization (to the ADE desktop app, not to all my authorized devices.)

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Activation , ADE authorization , Deauthorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got off chat with support -- that was no help.  

Initially, I was told that ADE was a free product and I was not entitled to support.  They generously tried to help support their own product which I am forced to use...

They told me to deauthorize my current computer, which of course would free up one activation slot buyt then I wouldn't be able to use ADE on my computer.  That doesn't address the problem...the issue is my other, zombie activation slots.  Support said it would be escalated but I am not holding my breath.

Seems like I may have to create a new account.  Annoying... I don't even want to use ADE, but I'm forced into it by the vendor and then Adobe says they don't provide support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Support escalation was fruitless.  They closed the ticket without resolving the issue, leaving me unable to use my account for ADE.  I had to register using a new email address instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines