• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY - please help!

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac computer. I'm trying to authorize my Digital Editions and I keep getting this error. I've tried many different troubleshooting methods but the error never goes away. I tried de-authorizing my computer and authorized again using my Adobe ID. I uninstalled and then re-installed DI many times, and using the previous versions. I also deleted the "activation.dat" file located in /Library/Application Support/ Adobe/ Digital Editions and nothing happened.

I also uninstalled the program and downloaded it from a different browser. Still getting the same error. VERY frustrated here, someone please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I had exactly the same* problem and the solution in my case was weird but essential:
within the "keychain app", I needed to lock down "the lock" within the keychain app itself.

Once I locked it, the Adobe authorisation process went through.

Schlüsselbundverwaltung.jpg

*using a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flippin eck, thank you for this! After hours of wondering what was going on and faffing around I can't believe that solved it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. You saved my life. :hugs:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I'm another one who had just about given up hope before finding your message. I really appreciate that you took the time to post the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might sound very stupid but I can't find the lock on Keychain Access. I'm (reasonably) familiar with the locks on different screens in System Preferences - at bottom left - but can't see anything like that in the Keychain Access screen. Is there somewhere to navigate to, to find it?

Thanks (if anyone reads this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just in case you're still looking, right click (command click) on the login and then select lock from the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOCKING THE LOCK ON THE KEYCHAIN ACCESS WORKED!!! I AM ECSTATIC!!!! I had previously tried ALL the solutions suggested here.  If you have not yet locked your KeyChain Access, do it. It really works. Before, I felt like I was mentally hitting the same wall over and over again. SAVED ME! THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines