• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ebook images and text far too compressed in ADE

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've recently had a strange problem when borrowing books from Archive.org/the Open Library--I've already asked them, BTW, and the problem doesn't seem to be on their end. In that whenever I download a book as a PDF, the images become horribly compressed and pixellated and the text as well, and there's no way I've found to get around the situation. Here's an example on a book I was reading a while ago (a book on Old Hollywood child actors, very lavishly illustrated, so the compression problem was really annoying).

This is what the image looks like in my browser, and the data they actually send out from Archive.org when you borrow the book:

fudge.jpg

And this is what it looks like when I read the downloaded PDF that's come to me through ADE:

fudgecompressed.jpg

I asked a guy over at Archive.org and he gave me screenshots of when he downloaded one of their books to read on ADE, and he didn't have the same problem--the pages looked fine and the images weren't overly compressed. So it's not the data they're sending, but the problem seems to be at my end.

Is there a setting I've missed where I could fix this, just in case I've clicked on something I shouldn't have? I use Acrobat 9 Pro and ADE 4.5.

If there's an older version of ADE I could download anywhere, I'd be grateful for a link. This problem only started recently, and I had an older version in use before.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experienceing this problem too. Same problem occurs even though i tries to open books using ADE 3.0 and ADE 2.0. You can find those versions from here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines