• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error check activation

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded adobe digital editions. When I go to download my library book and open it with the program I get a message "error check activation". Help I don't know what to do. Everything is authorized but I don't know how I correct the error.

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Please try de authorizing and then re authorize(do this only if you remember your ID and password). Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!! I had the same problem and the solution give by judithlang worked!!

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error on V 4.03 I can get to the de-authorization window but when I type in my pw i get the message "Unable to erase authorization, please try after some time"  I've bee trying for an hour.  Any advice?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I can not erase the authorization. Anyone find a fix to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I am going to help to erase the authorisation and it won't accept my Adobe Cloud password so I can't delete and re-enter. Adobe is a necessary evil like MS Office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem: my adobe id and passwords are refused so I can't even try to de-authorize and re-authorize. Any suggestion welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all those who are using V 4.0.3 and are unable to de-authorize using the de-autorization window and keep getting the message , please try de-authorizing in the article mentioned in the below link:

Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions

(step 5 if using mac and step 8 if using win are the important steps)

Important Note: Please DO NOT follow the steps mentioned in the link if you have authorized your computer with multiple ID's and you don't remember all the passwords. Following the steps mentioned in the above link will de-authorize all authorized accounts on your computer. So, do not proceed if you don't remember the password(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this worked beautifully for me.  Now where do I enter "Correct"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I start I am going to admit to total computer illiteracy! I have been getting the same message while trying to deauthorize. I am trying to follow the directions and I get stuck on MAC Step 5 where it says to navigate to /users/library, etc. Please be patient....what do I type before this to get to the site in reference? Thank you so much for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. /users/library is not a site to open in the browser,  it is a location within your mac pc. Click on Go->Go to Folder (or Command+Shift+G). Type ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and click 'go'. Drag the activation.dat file in this location to the trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I get more emotionally involved in this problem I called the online customer service chat and started with the error not_ready_etc and was immediately told that it was a virus/Trojan problem and that for $50 their technician could fix this problem. From what I have gathered here in these forums this is not a virus problem...right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not have a virus!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help....don't know how I fixed it. I do know that the help here was more helpful than online chat. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took me hours of searching to find this post but it was an instant fix. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Editing the registry entry worked for me. Very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, in adobe edition, j, trials to delete, leave to the computer and return it but when I put it .it password refuse me ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I newly installed it as a first time user. I made an ID as requested, and i got the Error! when I want to upload a book i just bought and I need it asap! I cannot erase authorization for some reason. I did activate my email.

When I try to erase authorization i get - unable to erase authorization. Please try again after some time.

And I did try again...and again...

Help please!

Desperate Student!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP HELP HELP!

I uninstalled the program and downloaded it again in case an error occurred while downloading. but still the same problem. I cannot even erase authorization. Please help, i need this book asap!

Still a veeeery desperate student.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@susanj12972564

To those who are using V 4.0.3 and are unable to de-authorize using the de-autorization window and keep getting the message , please try de-authorizing in the article mentioned in the below link:

Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions

(step 5 if using mac and step 8 if using win are the important steps)

Important Note: Please DO NOT follow the steps mentioned in the link if you have authorized your computer with multiple ID's and you don't remember all the passwords. Following the steps mentioned in the above link will de-authorize all authorized accounts on your computer. So, do not proceed if you don't remember the password(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prabhanjan,

I've been having the same problems; got the "Error: check activation", tried deauthorising but got the "unable to deauthorise now, try later" message. So I tried the method described in the article you mentioned. But then I get an error "was unable to remove all values" (I get the message in Dutch, I hope this is the right translation).

Any ideas as to why and how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Eline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Mac:

1. Go-> Go to folder.

Go to folder dialog will appear.

2. Type   ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again [Help -> Authorize Computer].

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option provided by shreya truely works.

Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shreya, you are brilliant. Locating the registry key with regedit is the only option that fixes this problem. Deleting ADE, ccleaning the registry, removing everything will not work. ADE will default back to not allowing to reauthorize and display that dreadful message "Unable to Reauthorize. Try again later". Your solution is quick and simple. It is wiz kids like you who make us get by. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shreya,

before i was in windows 7 and ADE 2.0 and i've got problem to download acsm file from google play.

after the upgrade of ADE from 2.0 to 4.5, the problem still occurs.

i'm now in windows 10.

i try your solution to de authorized ADE  but it doesn't work .. the authorization already exists when i reopened the adobe digital edition 4.5

if you have any idea !!!

thanks a lot in advance

sorry for my poor english ... i'm french

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines