• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I merge two adobe accounts into one or simply delete one of these accounts?

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometime ago I set up an Adobe Digital account when I was reading eBooks from the Library. I decided it was too cumbersome carrying a lap top around to a read a book so I had not used the account in quite some time.

I was given a kobo reader as a gift and as I downloaded and purchased a book it was not loading correctly in the kobo. The id in the kobo is different than the Adobe ID I originally set up. I was receiving a server error upon opening Digital Reader. I am guessing here but I believe it may be related to the Adobe Digital ID I have. With this in mind I removed the Digital Reader software, set up a new account and reinstalled the Digital Reader but it loaded my previous ID. I searched for a solution to deactivate one of them and saw a reference to emailing support but link did not take me to an e-mail address that I could see.

Please provide the best way to fix this issue. Reading books on these devices should not be this complicated and this entire 2 day process has been very frustrating to say the least. Please provide the exact steps to deactivate an account and set up the software with the new Adbobe ID I created.

Thank you

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too over the years have ended up creating duplicate accounts but cannot locate information about merging my accounts and serial numbers. My computer crashed and I am am knowing trying to load my purchased Photoshop program from the CD bout can't located the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, no response since 2012. I have this issue too.  I've tried using their chat feature, but no one ever responds.  I've been holding for an hour so far with no one coming online.  Yesterday I left it on throughout most of the day and no one came on.  Thats Adobe's customer service for you. Ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem where I had created an Adobe ID for Photoshop Elements for work, and later our IT department created a new ID for me to join a group account for Acrobat.  The only way to fix it was to get Adobe on the phone and have them merge the two accounts.  It took quite a bit longer than I had anticipated, but it did ultimately get resolved.  I now have one ID for both my Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are in 2020 and I am having the same problem! Waited on hold for over an hour today before giving up.

Called sales earlier and they answered within a minute. Guess we know where their money is going...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Statia1,

were they enabled to merge the two accounts?

Thanks!

Stay Healthy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think this would be simple and would be a darn link.  Why can't they just let us know how to merge accounts.  Now I have things in the cloud with one and can't get to the other.

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. August 2022 and I see no answer on this thread.  I too have multiple accounts and have never been able to figure out how to merge them.  I've considered calling but I know what that will get me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am having this problem. I have Photoshop through my company, but I have to pay for Illustrator myself 😕

I would love to be able to have all my CC apps accessible at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines