• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot authorise computer because I cannot use the same emailadress I used before

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wanted to authorise my computer for Adobe digital editions. So I use my mailadress for Adobe and the password, but the program says I cannot use the mailadress I already used for an authorise on my computer (for Photoshop). What can I do now? I hope I don't have to create a new mailaddress... 

Lisette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Luck Lisette. Digital Editions is not a supported product even though they want anyone issuing books to use there service. I have been trying to get this fixed for 3 years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I use Photoshop and Lightroom so I log on with my Adobe ID very often but when I use the same account on ADE I get "Incorrect login ID or password..."

Can not find any solution that helps 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I found the solution!

There are a few things you can do:

1. Check if you have only one app from Adobe Digital Editions.

2. Check at your Adobe-account if you only use one device for Adobe. If you have more sessins: close them.

3. Then: remove the activation.dot file from your computer. (somewhere in a library or with your search function). 

I removed every version from the Adobe Digital Editions from my computer and started again. Then it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I have tried fresh installation on two different computers where ADE never was installed before. However I have two computers using Photoshop/Lightroom.

There is no file called "activation.dot" on my PC.

Happy you got it to work on yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. I found a comment elsewhere which I tried and it worked. Get into your account settings, Turn 2 factor authentication (2FA) off and change your password to only alpha numeric. Any other symbols and it will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution is for the Mac. Maybe there is a solution for the PC as wel... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. I found a comment elsewhere which I tried and it worked. Get into your account settings, Turn 2 factor authentication (2FA) off and change your password to only alpha numeric. Any other symbols it will not work, Then authorize your Digital editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!! That did it. Now I can finally read my books. You made my day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy for you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines