Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to desinstall older versions of Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am enable to transfer books from library (epub 3) to my Kobo reader, and I was told that I should delete the version 4 of Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and to install rather Adobe Digital Editions 3.

After desinstalling version 4 and reinstalling the version 3, I cannot upload the book in ADE.

The software itself opens fine; the problem is when I try to retrieve the loan from the library. It's like an other version is still running somewhere in my computer.

After I desinstalled ADE 4 and installed ADE 3, when I click on "Retrieve your loan [Récupérez votre prêt]" in the email that I got from the library, it prompts a window:

"The installation program has detected a new version. Do you wish to repare the old version?"

If I click no, it says "The installation has stopped [Installation abandonnée]". 

If I click yes, then the same dialogue boxes of when I installed the software appear. But the book won't upload.

If I go back in the email I got from the library and click again on "Retrieve your loan", I get a message saying that "ADE is already running".

Here is what I did to delete ADE 4 and install ADE 3:

- I deleted the authorization of my computer in ADE.

- I went in my Settings, Applications, and right click on ADE to uninstall it.

- I went in the "Downloads" folder of my computer and deleted the ADE file.

- I went in My Documents, and deleted the folder My Digital Editions.

- I went in Démarrer -> Exécuter. I type in « regedit », and under Software, I deleted the whole folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>Digital Editions and HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>Adept.

- I emptied the waste basket.

- I ran the CCleaner software to do a Custom clean.

- I restarted my computer.

- Then, I downloaded ADE 3 and reauthorized my computer.

What did I do wrong? How can I ensure that all versions of ADE are completely deleted? Thanks in advance for any advice.

TOPICS
Download , Install ADE , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?