Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS 15.1 Digital Editions

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have iOS 15.1 and digital editions 4.5.11.2

When I try to download a book (for instance one of the sample ebooks offered by Adobe on the digital editions page) it downloads to my Files.

977F971A-0E1E-46E7-A5CD-100861921430.jpeg

 If I try to open it in files it's a long string of code.

C25AB77A-FD57-40F3-A14A-585023AB95A7.pngI don't see an option in Digital Editions to add items or in Files to move things to that app.

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I do this wrong how do I get assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just happend to see your question. Probably too late. Nevertheless: you opened the download link with ADE, not the ebook.  Tap on the link in your downloads to execute it and this will put the ebook into ADE (or another reader that you might have installed). Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the file in downloads it opens as that second picture long string of code. It isn't going to Publisher on its own and I don't know how to get it to open there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is "Publisher"? Don't you use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) with iOS?

I tried to follow your explanation. I downloaded the Sherlock Holmes ebook with Safari from the Adobe samples website. Then I find URLLink.acsm in my Downloads folder in the Files App. If I klick on it my Bluefire Reader shows up and creates the Sherlock Holmes ebook and I can open and read it. I do not know why ADE does not open automatically. Actually, I have Bluefire Reader installed, because ADE presently has some severe problems with iOS 15 (including 15.2 in my case), cf. https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions-discussions/troubles-with-ade-on-ios-15-ipad/m-p/124... . Nevertheless ADE works with the suggestions in the latter contribution. - From Bluefire Reader I shared the ebook with ADE, just to see that I can read the book with ADE. Careful, you have to follow the hints in the aforementioned discussion.

Then I erased the ebook in ADE and went back to Downloads with the URLLink.acsm . From the menu I selected/activated URLLink.acsm and shared it with ADE. Unfortunately, ADE shows an error message, that the download is not possible, error getting license. License Server Communication Problem:  ... I have no idea why I receive this error message. I have a number of ebooks in ADE with Adobe DRM activated. Actually, they were syncronized with my Mac, not downloaded directly on the iPhone (or iPad). Nevertheless, if you follow my steps it should either work to read the ebook with ADE or you should receive a similar error message. Then we would have to learn more about this message.

If I go to Downloads, select the link and share it with an App ("Publisher"?) that can read text, then I find the long string that you pasted into your first message. Yes, this is the contents of the link.

Hope this helps to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was distracted while typing and mistakenly referred to Digital Editions as Publisher.

I'll try Bluefire but unfortunately I bought the book I'm trying to read from a publisher who only uses Digital Editions so I'm not sure I'll be able to open it anywhere else. Thank you for the link, this is very frustrating not being able to contact anyone who can actually fix the app or let us know it's no longer supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never give up!

I just wrote a new comment - and it simply disappeared three times. Probably I was banned because I cross-referenced to another thread of Adobe discussions. At least I now found something like that in the community guidelines. Or I did something else I should not have done. Sorry for that. There was no bad intention, no hate speech or such like.

Try to clarify your problem. I understood you have Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and iOS 15. I have ADE 4.5.11.187480 and iOS 15.2. Above you wrote 4.5.11.2, maybe just a typo. In any case: Does your ADE work properly? When you open ADE you see books, can open and read them? Or you have only "Getting Started"? Can you open and read this book? If not, what do you see? If you see nothing please go to “Troubles with ADE on iOS 15 iPad“. Maybe you are asked to authorize your ADE, with an Adobe ID (free of charge) or an ID you received when you bought your books. Only after authorization will ADE work properly. - If peculiar error messages show up maybe you have to delete ADE and install it again. (I had to do that to geht rid of the communication error I mentioned in my last contribution. Thank you that our discussion made me aware of my own problem!) Be careful with existing e-books.

So if ADE works properly then we come to URLLink.acsm in the Downloads folder with in the Files App. Your screenshot above does not show acsm. Did you modify the file? And it says URLLink 4. This could mean copy number 4, but still it should be URLLink 4.acsm. Otherwise there might be a problem.

Then you wrote you tried to open URLLink 4 in Files and find the long string, which is actually the text in URLLink that I found for the "Sherlock Holmes" sample e-book. What did you do to "open"? Click or tap on the icon? This should open ADE or any preferred e-books reader capable of Adobe rights management (i. e. not the Apple App Books) and ADE should start to download the e-book and present the front page or an overview of the library in ADE. To be on the safe side you might tap and hold the URLLink icon and then select to share it (the litte box with the upward arrow) with ADE. Or you might choose to send it via e-mail to yourself and the click on the attachment of the delivered e-mail. In any case ADE should download the e-book.

Where or how did you take the screenshot of the long text string? Are you sure that it was ADE presenting this text? Not any other App that did not know what to do with this text? In case of doubt display your active Apps to see which App shows this string. Or try to close the document to see which App is behind (hoping that this does not terminate the App).

Please, comment the result if the problems persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have more ideas to support you. But I seem to be banned. My comments disappear after a short while. Just to tell you: Nver give up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines