Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kobo Clara HD ADE authorization doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I try several times authorizing my Kobo Clara HD, with different pc and different versions of Adobe Digital Editions(4.5 and 3.0). After I load the ebook, kobo show this message "Your eReader is not authorized to open this book". 

The Kobo Clara seems authorized by looking into settings.

I also try a factory reset.

Kobo or ADE needs an update? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. PC autorized with ID ADE but on screen don't appear eRedder KOBO an I cannot chose it.

I need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I solve my problem by uninstalling AdobeDigitalEdition 4.5... and
installing the older version 3.0.

However your problem seems to me little different.

I have already reported this problem to kobo and adobe, but nothing has
chamged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem. Unable to use my kobo. Unable to find the older version but perhaps would not work with my Mac Big Sur? 

I have done everything and still my kobo says I am not authorized to read my library book.

Who can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Kobo sevice replaced the kobo but problem remains. the Mac does not let me download version 3.0 of ADE. the library says the problem isn't Kobo but ade's DRM files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't send you an attachement. I try with a direct link to download
ADE 3.0 for mac:
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly ADE 3.0 cannot be installed on MAC OS Catalina or Big Sur.

I had the same problem (Kobo was properly authorized, books sucessfully transferred but won't open on the Kobo beacause of DRM) and after hours of troubleshooting, the only solution that finally worked, was to install ADE 3.0 on a Windows PC. Even ADE 4.5 on PC would not work. Adobe must definitly update version 4.5 of the software. Looks like this issue has been reported months ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some strange reason if you download a book that does not have DRM( an older book) and then download your book that does, my kobo opens up the DRM book. Someone else had suggested this and it has worked for me 3 times. Fingers crossed it keeps working! Previously my DRM books would not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to do so! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it works, just be sure it is not DRM protected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those who fail to effectively authenticate their devices can temporarily work around this by using ADE versions 3.0: 
Windows: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.exe
MAC: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.dmg

Until Adobe fixes into the current version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your links aren't working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same frustation.  And, there are no previous versions of ADE available for download. 

All attempts to find a previous version have failed.  Sad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I downloaded the latest version of ADE (It's April 2023) and I have the same problem you described in 2020... I authorised my PC and my Kobo Clara HD in ADE but, after downloading the DRM file from the library onto ADE's library and then transfering it to my Kobo via USB (and unplugging everything properly), my Kobo says I don't have the necessary rights to open the book... GRRRRR... hasn't Acrobat found a solution for this problem in 3 years??? If so, could someone please let me know what to do? I bought my Kobo only to be able to borrow books from the library and this is all very frustrating... For Europeans (we don't have a Libby integration on our Kobos, unfortunately) the whole thing becomes a bit of a pain in the XXXX, unfortunately... 
Thanks in advance for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I suggest you try an older version of ADE. In my case I "solve" the problem
by using the ADE 3.0 version.
WIN:
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.exe
MAC:
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_3.0_Installer.dmg
I recommend to logout any profile from ADE, uninstall all versions of ADE.
Install ADE 3.0 and you should be fine.

I haven't tried the latest version of ADE, I'm scared it won't work anymore.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks! I downloaded the 3.0 version already, but I wasn't sure about the procedure... now you've explained it, and I will try it straight away! I'll keep you posted (but little thumbs down to ADE for not having solved this after such a long time...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! I logged out from my profile, I uninstalled the 4.5 version and installed the 3.0 one. It worked like a charm! 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO BOTH OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

hmmm one more question, now that we are at it: Can my wife use my PC/Kobo with her library account to download her books onto my Kobo, too? Or it's limited to just one library account? Or she should rather have an own ADE profile on her own computer? (it would be better for her if we could do it all from mine..). I hope I am not asking too much from you guys...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I got 2 different Kobo (different model, both with the same problem) and
two different ADE account with different email. I suggest to use 2
different PC and ADE profile for each kobo, because ADE authorized the Kobo
and the PC (as far as I know).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply! I will do that... or I'll simply ask my wife to download the book she wants to read from my library account onto my Kobo (we only have 1 Kobo for the whole family and 1 kindle each member of the family hahahaha)... and Bob is your uncle!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem for years and I still do. Unless...... you download a book at the same time to your reader that is Not Ade protected. I find the old classics are not protected. Does not matter what order as long as they are on the reader. I have been doing this for years. The book I want to read which is protected will open up if and only if I download a book that is not protected. Seems strange to me but it works! Give it a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have said not DRM protected. Sorry been doing this for so long I forgot the abbreviation for protected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for the tip. Since I read the whole post before my online tantrum, I had read your contribution from 2 years ago already and I tried to put it into practice. I downloaded a book without DRM and opened it without any problem on my Kobo... but the system still stubbornly denied me access to the DRM-protected book anyway after that... I will try with the 3.0 version, but thanks anyway for all your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, why that has not worked for you. My only other advice is to be sure you download one after another and the open the protected book, right away. Did you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe reader 4.5 and was unable to download the older version - but try again. Hoping something helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't (directly) at the beginning either... but I copied+pasted the link into the browser and it led me to a message saying I had to install .NET Framework 3.5 (windows component) first for it to work. I did, and then I installed ADE 3.0 without any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines