• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

library books can no longer be openend with digital editions; e-reader no longer recognised;

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have used digital editions for years to download books from the library on my KOBO e-reader.

Suddenly, I can no longer open downloaded books in digital editions (either version 10 or 11) on my laptop and when I attatch the e-reader it is no longer recognised but causes the adobe digital editions window to crash and disappear. Yet in the help feature it says my laptop is still authorised with Adobe ID. My e-reader which used to have two authorisations until a few weeks ago, now suddenly features only a very old one with a defunct email adres.

SO: I can no longer read books either on the laptop nor on the e-reader

What can be done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came here wondering why I can't get Adobe Digital Editions to open up an encrypted .pdf (.acsm?) of a book that I borrowed from the Internet Archive. My first admission is that I tried this using the Ubuntu 18.04 operating system, which is not supported by Adobe, so I tried doing it again after dusting off and firing up my old Windows 7 laptop. Again, no success, and the Internet Archive was not even listed in Adobe's drop down list of libraries to choose from. Your post tells me that I may have done my best, and it just isn't going to work. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines