• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nook Glowlight (old one, not +) and Mac OS catalina

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Nook Glowlight will not work with ADE versions after 3, which is a 32 bit program.  My Mac now wants to upgrade to Catalina.  It will not run 32 bit programs. Although I can delay, eventually I will need a 64 bit version of ADE that also works with my old Glowlight.  ADE 5 is 64 bit, but it did not work when I installed it.  The solution, found on this forum, was to uninstall it and reinstall v.3.  That works fine.

I feel like it is irresponsible to replace a functioning device because of a problem like this, which Adobe should be able to fix readily.  I need ADE to take books out from the library, and this is the main thing I do with the Nook. Is there a solution other than putting off the OS upgrade as long as possible?

Thanks

Walter R

Chapel Hill

TOPICS
DRM , Install ADE , Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing with my Kobo glow.  And after I upgraded to ADE 4.5 I can't get 3 back and cannot reauthorize my e reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for my kobo clara. Stupidly upgraded my mac and now 3.0 wont work and version 4.5 wont allow me to open my library books on my kobo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution? This is really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I haven’t !!   I have an older iPad at home (not at home right now) that will have the old operating system on it and I will try it using  Adobe 3 

The Kobo people said that you may still be able to download library books if Kobo offers them too but I haven’t tried because……..I stupidly deauthorized my Kobo thinking I could re sign into ADE but with the new operating system (Catalina) ADE 3 in inaccessible so I need a device that still has old operating system to try
Hope that helps and I will keep you posted as I hope you will me 
Thanks 
Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started this thread in the hope that someone had a solution, but it seems there isn't one.  Does anyone know of a way to bring this to the attention of Adobe?  I haven't figured out a way to contact them directly. I am not a programmer at all, but it seems to me  that Adobe is in a better position to solve the problem than the e-reader manufacturers are.

Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do have a bit of an update.  Not a complete solution but.....its working.  

I chose a well known one that I knew Kobo would sell as well and it did work.

I spoke to Apple regarding a different issue and asked about this and apparently they have been warning users of the change to 64 bit and that there will come a time that 32bit devices will no longer be compatible

I also spoke with Adobe but they do not have a solution at this point and just sent me to this forum but I did speak to them on the phone and I'm sure I used the chat function first then there was an option to have them call me and I spoke to a person Walter

and just an FYI   I finally got my Kobo reauthorized hehe. sheesh  If anyone wants to know...Turns out the tool icon beside the Kobo connection in ADE had the option to authorize the device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines