Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem - License

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with ADE: "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12" everytime I upload a new book. I tryed to remove the authorization but the system doesn't work. Can someone help me? Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue for the past day. 

No joy from Adobe.

Community suggested de-activating my ereader, and then re-activating it.  

I de-activated it.  Now when I try to activate it I get the following:  Adobe Editions encounter an error on the activation server

According to Adobe customer support (who told me that there was NO support for the software) there is no issue with the Adobe Digital Editions server....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominique,

Yesterday I fixed the problem. Go to Users > Library / Application Support / Adobe / Digital Editions and drag activation.dat file on the basket. To de-activatate and re-activate your e-reader is usually not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour ou est le site que vous donnez pour aller sur utilisateirs puis bibliotheque  etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour Nadine,

si tu utilizes Mac tu peux digiter >> Finder > Users > Library / Application Support / Adobe / Digital Editions. Je ne connais pas l'adresse pur PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

je n'ai pas un Mac mais je vous remercie pour votre aide

Garanti
sans virus. www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sylvia,

can't seem to resolve the problem.

Perhaps I just don't understand what you are suggesting.

I am not a high computer skill gal.

When you say go to Users > Library / Application Support / Adobe / Digital Editions and drag activation.dat file on the basket, do you mean on the adobe site?  or on my MAC?

I have looked on both and can't seem to figure out what you mean.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Sylvia--

I dug a little further and was able to answer my own question.

Here is a post, for everyone who was stuck with this problem, by Sarkara1:

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

I've the same issue (ADE picks up some email id that's not registered with Adobe). There's no such path as /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions. I assume you've not actually verified that path, did you?

In the user's home directory, there's a Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions. If that's what you mean, the correct path is ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions. It can be reached simply by pressing CMD + SHIFT + G, putting in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions in the pop-up box, and pressing enter.

Deleting the activation.dat from the abovementioned folder allowed me to enter an id that I wanted, not the stupid ADE designers wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines