• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset Authorizations Max of 6 Apparently Reached

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to either reset my authorized devices so I can add a new one or to see a list of authorized mobile devices so I can delete ones I no longer have. This seems to be a common problem. Does anybody have an answer? Chat directed me here. I can't seem to find the solution. 

TOPICS
ADE authorization , Deauthorization , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share the error you are getting while activating ADE?

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no error. When I connect my device the authorize device is greyed out. All options for the device are greyed out. When Kobo devices have problems the suggested solution is to sign out of the Kobo account which resets everything and you have to reauthorize the device. The problem is that ADE seems to count this as another device maximizing the 6 allowed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a picture of the greyed out options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please cancel ALL activations/authorizations on my account so I can activate/authorize the ones I currently use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is not an activation limit issue as I checked and they are still left.

I would request you to follow the below steps to de-authorize and re-authorize ADE.

For Windows OS-

• Close ADE
  • Open registry editor and navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept '
  • Right click on Adept and choose Delete.
  • Once its deleted then close Registry Editor and launch ADE and reauthorize your computer with new ID.

For Mac OS-

• Close ADE
  • Navigate to /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions
  • Drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
  • Try to authorize your computer by opening ADE, clicking on Help menu, choose authorize computer, enter your email address and password and clicking on Authorize.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does NOT work! It's fine for the computer but NOT for the Kobo reader. All options to authorize or deauthorize the reader are greyed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try to reset the KOBO reader and check if this resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I did overnight that led to this problem of not being able to authorize it. I will try it again but this is rather frustrating. There needs to be a way to see devices authorized on an account to delete old devices no longer used!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored it to factory settings and it made NO difference. I still cannot authorize it because those options are greyed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0C1AB20A-2146-42E3-8222-433DCA7D7FAF.jpeg2252354C-8830-4716-B6F9-96B4D9677750.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We can only reset the activation for ADE which are already remaining for your email ID. Also there is no limit from ADE side on how many devices you can authorize KOBO reader.  Looks like there is some other issue causing this to happen.

Ideally it should be resolved by following the steps earlier shared. Can you try reinstalling ADE on your machine and try again?

1. Uninstall ADE.

2 Follow the steps mentioned above in earlier reply depending upon the OS you have.

3. Install ADE again and check the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I will do that tomorrow after work. +++ fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all of the above. 

Deauthorize computer.

Uninstall

Delete that file in re-edit.

Install. 4.511

Reauthorize computer

Connect Kobo.

SAME THING!!! 
All options for the device are greyed out!

Can you PLEASE reset the authorization and let me try that? Because this is not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I checked and activation for ADE is still left so reset is not required. Also since ADE is authorized fine and issue is when connecting with KOBO and we do not have a way to reset the activations for Kobo reader.  Did you connected with KOBO support?

Also do you have any other machine where you can try and test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I do not have another computer to check. If I did I would have done so. Yes I've contacted Kobo and since I've restored the device twice to factory settings they have no other advice but to contact you because it's your program that isn't doing what it's supposed to. This is extremely frustrating and I'm not the only user with this problem. There's at least a ten year history of this issue with no solution to date. This is unacceptable. There has to be a solution. It's in no way helpful to say sorry, nothing I can do. Nor does it make anyone want to have anything to do with your company or it's programs, you know, the paid ones you allegedly support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines