• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony e-reader PRS-T1 not recognised

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have an old but funcitoning Sony e-book reader PRS-T1 which is not getting recognised by ADE, hence I cannot read any DRM protected ebook (so basically every ebook!). Any solution on how to read ebooks on my e-reader? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can you please try to reset the Sony reader and try again?

Regard,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mayank, 

Thank you for your support. I have reset the reader but I still cannot see it in ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with my Sony PRS-T2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Adobe stopped supporting the Sony ebook readers, so we're left with functioning devices which we cannot use because of a lack of support. It's very frutrating and disappointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know how you feel - we have two PRS-T2 readers which are now basically useless and, in retrospect, a total waste of money.
Adobe Digital Editions also useless so will uninstall it.

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone from adobe that can suggest a solution to the problem? Resetting doesn't work. The device works fine but it's not usable because of Adobe's lack of support, it's insane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have sent you a private message. Kindly reply me back so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Is there any follow up to this discussion?    I too have been unable to download anything with an acsm file extension since last summer (2021) .   The Sony Reader software briefly displays a message "Unable to download".    I have a Sony PRS T-1.    It was working fine in June 2021.   The reader and software still works today and can download and read epub content from Project Gutenberg.   Just nothing from Overdrive or any purchased epub content.    Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines