• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The images in the Book from Google Play are distorted and color black-ed.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought some books from Google Play. When i opened books from Google Play with Adobe Digital Editions by exporting acsm file, the viewer displays them distorted.

diff.png

(I tested this problem with free Google Play ebook — "논쟁적 UX: 아이폰 국내 출시 10년, 대한민국 UX를 되짚어 보다". Page 151)

When you see book's contents with browser, there aren't any problem. The left is screenshot captured when i open the book with browser. But if you open it with Adobe digital editions, you can see right figure.

To sum up, when i opened the digital book with Adobe digital editions, most images in the book are distorted.

TOPICS
ACSM files , DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I bought an eBook through google, the only format available is ASCM and when I open in ADE illustrations, the only reason I bought the book, are blacked out. I tried several versions of ADE but still have the same problem. Now I am stuck with an ebook I bought through google, stored in Adobe cloud that I can't read. Contacted google for support and they are blaming Adobe for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems that it is inherent problem Adobe Digital Editions has. According to FAQ:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do some PDF documents look different in Digital Editions than they do in Acrobat and Reader?

Digital Editions utilizes Adobe PDF technology that has been optimized for small code size and lower system requirements. It is optimized for performance and onscreen readability, rather than graphic arts or prepress-level fidelity. As a result, some minor differences in graphics and font rendering are to be expected. In addition, the Digital Editions PDF implementation does not support several enterprise-oriented PDF features. These features are not typically used in PDF-based eBooks, and if present, they are ignored but may cause certain documents to render incorrectly.

FROM https://www.adobe.com/kr/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/faq.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMHO, i think Adobe team doesn't care that the ADE's system requirements isn't applied to many devices now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Were you able to find the solution ? Maybe Adobe Customer Service can help on this topic.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find any solutions. I contacted google too, but they said the problem is on Adobe Digital Editions. I also tried with ADE 2.0.1, 3.0, 4.0, 4.5 etc. Any versions didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines