• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To all those with Kobo authorisation issues

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been plagued with the same problems as many others, and any fixes only last a while.  But the other day I happened to re-start my Kobo-Glo, and saw a reference to Overdrive, the security system that my local library uses.  I found (for the first time) that the complete borrowing process could be perfomed on the Kobo over wifi, so no ADE is required.  I have no idea how long this capability has been there, but I for one won't be using ADE ever again if I can help it!

I hope this helps someone - and if you all knew already, why did no-one tell me?  Martin the slow.

TOPICS
ADE authorization , DRM , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops! Sorry for getting your hopes up - I used to have a Glo, it was lost and my daughter bought me what I thought was another - but its an Aura, and AIUI, Overdrive has been available on that since the get-go.  So I'm even slower than I thought!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not all Kobo devices have OverDrive as part of the firmware.  I have an Aura, and it does not, so i still need ADE.  What was the solution you mentioned?  Even if it works for a short while, it is better than nothing.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines