• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to erase authorisation. please try after some time

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spent the last few hours trying to get ADE v4 to work every time i download and .acsm file ADE activation error ... i tried to erase authorisation and  but keeps getting a error message "unable to erase authorisation. please try after some time"

activation issues yet i cant deactivate??

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgot Windows 8.1 OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,  works for windows 7 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never used one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this problem too. Pulling my hair out. I deleted the activation.dat file in /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions as described in step 5 of this page

Error "E_AUTH_NOT_READY" | Digital Editions

Note: I wasn't able to Erase the Authorisations (step 3), getting the incredible helpful error message along the lines of 'Unable to remove authorisation. Please try again in some time'.

Good luck! DRM is the best thing ever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is DRM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Sorry - Digital Rights Management. The way that files are protected so you can only do certain things with them (print a certain amount, view for a limited time etc.) What Adobe Digital Editions does, essentially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to delete the authorization using regedit. It doesn't work, still getting an check authorization error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too. I'm at v4.5. Does that matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what do you mean by: Choose Start > Run

Not to be too backward, but this seems like a command line, but I have no idea where to find it on my Windows 7 computer....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this solution and adobe digital additions 4.0 still will not allow me to erase my authorization and I still cannot download borrowed books from our library....activation error/unable to erase authorization/please try after some time.

Up until this month I was using a very early addition of ADA 1.7 without issue. So I downloaded the latest addition and uninstalled the older version and now I do not know what to do. If I delete the current addition what happens to the books in my personal library?

The whole point of E Books and E Readers is supposed to be the convenience factor...hours later and I am seriously thinking going to library for a real book would be EASIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's funny - I was sitting here - thinking the same thing.  I could get in my car, drive to a library and have finished reading 10 books - until I figure this mess of software out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed these steps however when got to deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER my computer wouldn't allow it. Please advise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about android? It s a shame thta after almost 2 weeks the program has not been fixed yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked perfectly for me as well .... Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This solved my problem. This started after a windows update in November 2020, might be just coincidence!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

You are allowed to have two downloads on two different computors.

My old Mac crached today and I am unable to uninstall Photoshop on that one.

How can I reach Adobe to ask/tell whats happend, to not count that download, to let me have my two downloads on new computors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines