• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to navigate or scroll in the document from within the Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.11.187303

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to scroll within any document hosted in the Adobe Digital Edition version 4.5.11.187303

Does not work for any document including the sample document "Getting Startedthat came default  ADE was installed.

Arrow keys don`t work. Clicking inside and scrolling does not work either. Trackpad gestures don`t work. Page up and Page Down don`t work.

Went through some of the historic posts and tried the suggestions mentioned such as restart and resizing but it does not seem to work.

Running it on Win 10 OS on an HP x360 laptop(and tablet)

Any replies or solutions are truly appreciated.

Regards,

Jez

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found an answer? I am having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Same problem Win 10 OS new LG laptop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Can't navigate through the document.

Adobe Customer Support says to come to the forums for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo estoy igual, alguien ya sabe como solucionar este problema en la navegacion de los libros?

Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed. I can not scroll Windows 10. It looks like I am scrolling, the page number and scroll bar change, but the document page does not change. Then if I go back to Library and open the same document, it will be at the new page number indicated by the page number in Adobe Digital Editions. If I want to go page by page, I need to go back to lirary and then go back into document. This is basically making the program unusable for me please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on the program. It has problem with new Video cards and windows 10. They no longer update the program. I use another program to read my files and use this program as a catch program for the library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using instead? I have to use it for protected documents as nothing else that I know of can open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know. I stopped using PDFs from library because of this. If I get EPUBS from library, I save them in the ADE, but open them in the Sumatra PDF or CAlibre. The ADE doesn't work and I know I have tried everything. I surmise the hardware doesn't work and adobe doesn't care anymore. The original development team that made the program are all managers now and don't gah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly my problem.

It is a terrible user experience that so many book distributors insist on using ADE as their reader for DRM'ed books. They won't budge, and Adobe no longer cares about their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just buy a used book online. It is sad that the service became unusable. I just buy a used book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the exact same problem trying to read books from ebooks.com,  I also use Win 10 OS on an HP x360 laptop.

could it be the HP laptop itself? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have HP too, HP Envy. It can be the video cards that they using...I stopped to use library files because of it... Who else has HP laptops?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, what do you mean by stop using library files? Do you mean books borrowed at libraries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both books on loan from the library and books I bought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell PC that's about three months old. Windows 10 etc.

And ADE won't work for me.

What is just beyond comprehension is how libraries and book publishers have standardized on a product *that does not work for customers*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest 13.5 inches HP Spectre x360 laptop with the latest Windows 10 Home -- very expensive. It has a touch screen and I bought it because I want to use it as a tablet to read books, but things don't work, and with this Digital Edition things don't work at all: I cannot use arrow keys, not the next page, not prev page button, not the touchpad to move to the next page or the previous page. The corresponding scrollbar moves but not the page.

Is there a problem with the Intel graphics drivers of Dell and HP? Is the problem with the latest Gen 11 and its Iris drivers. 

Have you guys contacted HP or Dell support regarding this?

I have tried to use the Adobe Digital Edition on a very cheap USD 250 Celeron mini-computer whit a pretty old chipset and graphics drivers that run Windows 10 and it works but not on the very new HP laptop that I bought for USD 1800 !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem; my model is an asus zenbook flip s UX371. I bought this particuliar model to read ebooks from my library. I'm very angry about this problem and a support from adobe would be much useful here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines