• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open ACSM files in Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to use Adobe Digital Editions to allow me to borrow an eBook from Kingston library.
The problem is when opening the BorrowBox file, I open the downloaded file labelled: theURLLink.ACSM file which opens in Adobe Digital edition 4.5.11.187303 and then begins to downlod the ebook content then displays the message E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN. Is there any way to get Adobe Digital Editions to be able to open eBooks on my Windows 10 PC, Windows Defender is installed.

E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN , the library technical support tried to help, but they haven't been able to help me and have now requested Adobe support to assist.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN is the error I get when opening the .ACSM files, it starts to download then shows this error. Anyone have any ideas how to get this to work? I have tried on mulitple computers all have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open ACSM-files either, when I try I get "Connection error detected, could not connect to fulfillment server" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, did you manage to find a solution for this? I am facing the same issue and have run out of ideas 🙂 Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines