• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open ebook on Kobo reader

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open a ebook I just downloaded from the Library.  It says, "This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) and is not currently authorize for use with your Adobe ID. Please sign-in with the authorize Adobe ID and try again. www. kobo.com/help."    I checked my PC and I am still authorized.   Where do I go from here?

[Moved out of the Lounge and into a product specific, support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Has you authoirze your Reader with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you authoirze your Reader with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check this:
Remove the file of the reader.
Deauthoirze the reader and authoirze it new with the adobe ID.
Then move the eBook again over Digital Edition to the reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed the ebook, deauthorized reader and computer, reauthorized reader and computer and moved book again and still unable to open book on reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but only with some books.  I have 2 on my kobo right now that I can't open to read for the the same reason.  I have done everything suggested and still nothing.  I really hate that this is the only help that Adobe gives you-a forum.  We need a phone number or e-mail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After over 1 hour and 3 operators, I finally got some useful help from Kobo yesterday. I was told to use Adobe Digital Editions version 3.0. When I loaded that, everything was fine!

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you actually get to speak to anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there some straight forward steps to reauthorising a kobo? Especially when it has not been unauthorised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Microsoft PC, you have to download version 3.0. If you have a Mac, tough luck. Either Adobe has beef with Kobo or with Apple or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an alternative to ADE 3.0 for Mac users than will still be compatible with Overdrive? Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying there's no version of ADE that works for Mac? I have a Mac and used ADE to transfer books to Kobo for years with few problems, but I got a new Kobo ereader in December that allows file transfer via Dropbox, which is way more convenient. I used this with no problems until about a week ago. Now I'm getting the same error message described in this thread, even with books that have no DRM software. I can temporarily solve the problem by turning ereader on and off again, but eventually it will recur. 

It seems pretty clear to me that this is a Kobo software bug, because that's the only thing that may possibly have changed in the last week, but they haven't been very helpful, so I was hoping to find guidance from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where do you find a version 3.0 ? Do you have a link ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines