• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.acsm files do not open in Adobe Digital Editions 4.5

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ebooks download with extension .acsm.  I connect my Kobo eReader.  I open the .acsm file with Adobe Digital Editions.  I get "Error: Check Activation".  Adobe Technical support cannot help and refer me to this forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Windows:

Close all applications.

Press WINDOWS + R.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Remove the Adept Folder.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Applicatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Press WINDOWS + R.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Remove the Adept Folder.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have th e same problem and have done everything you stated to no avail so now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  The Adobe tech support just said that the software was no longer supported and pointed me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting this same message.  I erased the authorization for my computer on digital editions and then reauthorized, seem to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both ADE phone app and Windows software is showing the same error. No internet connection even though I am connected to the internet. And when I try to open my CSM file, it shows gibberish texts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ma sei poi riuscito a risolvere??? NON RIESCO A LEGGERE I LIBRI DELLA BIBLIOTECA...le ho provate tutte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho provato più volte, probabilmente anche a causa della mia limitata competenza, senza successo.

Inviato da iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a recently downloaded e-book *.acsm file with Adobe Digital Editions but i keep getting the following error message;

Tony2708566628ow_0-1668188707676.png

I have tried unauthorizing and re-authorizing my computer but continue to still get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting the box with the same problem running Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines