• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 3.0 and 4.5 will not work in my Win 7 SP1 machine

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I downloaded some eBooks from my library.  When I went to open ADE 3.0 I got a box with the message "Digital Editions 3.0 has stopped working. Checking for an updated version" with a green status bar.  It flashes on my screen for a couple of seconds, then goes away. NOTHING HAPPENS AFTER!

I went to the Adobe site and downloaded ADE 4.5.  I can install it, but when I go to open the program, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LOADS UP!

Frustrated, I un-installed version 4.5 and re-installed 3.0, where I continue to receive the "Checking for updated version ..." box.

I cannot get access to any of my eBooks now, as none of the softwrare versions will open.

Adobe has been NO USE in this matter - they just give the basic "uninstall and reinstall" answer.

I have a Windows 7 Home Edition machine - Service Pack 1.

Installing the software is not the problem; running the software is the problem!

I do not know if this is something that others have experienced?

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. ADE digital editions 4.5 hasn't run on my windows 10 laptop for about a year.

I've uninstalled, edited the registry, but this useless waste of space foils every effort to make it work.

Adobe support, is as usual non-existent.

My ebook reader is now only usable as a beermat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had trouble with ADE4.5 on Windows 8.1. What I ended up doing is

1. rename "My Digital Editions" folder to something like "My Digital Editions original" (if you haven't already done so).

2. uninstall whatever edition you're using

3.use regedit to remove activation key (there are some instructions here https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/activation-errors-adobe-digital-editions.html)

4.re-install Digital Editions (in my case I chose to go back to 4.0)

5.re-activate (I did the anonymous activation). 

You can get a copy of ADE 4.0 here: https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html (page is in French but should auto translate. File is under manual installation).

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks "Its Me Too", I followed your steps and I can get ADE 4.0 to work.

Oddly enough, ADE 3.0 and 4.5 still do not work, yet 4.0 does!!

I found a second issue however; I am not able to get any of the books from Digital Editions onto my eReader.

In ADE 3.0 there was an option in the menu called "Copy to Device", but version 4.0 does not have any option to copy the books to any eReader.

I can only read them on my PC.

I don't know if eReaders are going out of style, or if I need to purchase a new model?

Is it possible to download a book onto a eReader in ADE 4.0?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I can't help you with that 😞   

Maybe try posting here as a new question as someone who can help might see it?

Oh and there's also an e-books sub-reddit on Reddit - someone might know there.

Best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just a thought - did you do the anonymous activation like I did? Looking at the link below it seems anonymous activation only lets you read e-books on your pc - you have to activate with an id to transfer them to your e-reader. https://blogs.adobe.com/ebooks/2015/04/09/adobe-digital-editions-anonymous-activation/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines