• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 3 does not open on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Digital Editions 3.0 on Windows 10 to transfer eBooks from Overdrive to my Nook Simple Touch, which I've been doing without any problems for a couple years.  Recently however, I've not been able to open ADE 3.  When I attempt to open the application, I get the loading cursor for a second or two, but the ADE window never opens at all.

I've tried using ADE 4.X, and it opens as expected, but there is apparently a known issue with ADE 4.X and Nook Simple Touch where the eBooks aren't transferred correctly.  I've tried various suggestions for that issue, but with no success.

Things I've tried to get ADE 3 working again (none have helped):

• Uninstall ADE 4
  • Uninstall/reinstall ADE 3
  • Delete "My Digital Editions" directory in my Documents folder & relaunch ADE

I noticed a new error appears in the Windows event log whenever I attempt to open the application.  I've attached a text file containing the error report.

Does anyone have advice for how to get ADE 3 running again, or alternatively how to get ADE 4 to work with Nook Simple Touch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Install ADE , Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND HOPING SOMEONE CAN PROVIDE GUIDANCE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

J'ai le même problème W10 et ADE3 ....désinstallé et réinstallé

Essai avec ADE4 même soucis

Le programme ne démare pas

Utilisation principale liseuse Kobo et bibliothèque nationale

Merci pour une aide rapide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines