• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5.7 problems

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, version 4.5.7 is having problems opening certain PDFs. Could you enable the download of version 4.5.2 with which this problem does not occur?

pdf457.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the 4.5.6 version : Adobe Digital Editions | Télécharger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a link to the english version 4.5.6 download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, our solution was to re-export the PDF source file, and remove the option of Acrobat v4 compatibility.  Since version 7 is still pretty old, when we exported the publication to PDF we only allowed v7 compatibility, which wasn't out until 2005.

I figure if people need further backward compatibility, they can get a time machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll also say that it is pathetic that Adobe can't fix this in a timely manner, I've found posts back in November about this issue.

They should at least tell people that PDF backwards compatibility is the issue.  I was lucky enough to have found a tip that recommended turning off v4 acrobat compatibility when exporting from InDesign.  Our publication was originally in Quark, so I had to turn off v4 compatibility on the export in a different place, but that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines