• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5 does not recognize my Adobe ID for authorization of computer

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clean install of ADE 4.5 after computer refresh.

When trying to authorize with Adobe ID as Book vendor the error message

Incorrect ID/PW for the selected vendor, please retry.

The same credentials works perfect when login to the Adobe web.

Resetting PW did not make any difference.

Trying to set up another Adobe Id from within ADE (using the same id) fails as expected.

I would hate to set up another id as I then would loose all my books.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.  I contacted Adobe Help via a Chat and the person there referred me to this forum to get the answer.  After reading the forum it appears that there is no answer.

My opinion of Adobe Help has just dropped to a very low level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset your password and used only Letters and Numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this (resetting password using only Letters and Numbers). I did not resolve the problem. Adobe is still not recognizing my Adobe ID Username and/or Password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did it and works. But, I got another problem. ADE didn't recognise my fie .acsm. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have precisely the same problem. I use my Adobe ID Username and Password to log in to my Adobe Account on the web with no problem, but the Adobe Digital Editions will not accept the same Username and/or Password when attempting to authorize my PC for Digital Editions. There appears nothing in the forums helpful by Adobe.

Adobe: Why don't you have someone resolve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - logged in happily to ADE on iPad, downloaded ADE to new MacBook Pro and it doesn't recognise the account details. It thinks the machine is authorised but won't let me de-authorise to try re-authorising  because it says the password is incorrect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently this problem of Adobe not recognizing existing IDs has been ongoing since February, 2016 and Adobe has not only not fixed it, but appears not to be interested in fixing it. My opinion of Adobe has just taken a vertical downward plunge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not by any books that require Adobe ID.

I have spoken to support and they do not support it as it is a free piece of software.

If there is a problem, it is your problem.

Not impressed with Adobe as they have people selling books that need to be authorised on ADE which can not get authorised.

Using the unauthorised option locks the book to your device so when it goes so does your book, every two years for most people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all the issues described in this thread - I could NOT get Adobe Digital Editions to recognize my Adobe ID even after checking it was correct. Here's how I fixed it: 

1. I logged in to Adobe ID online - just to check that it was correct (it was).

2. Then I looked under "password and security"

3. I noticed that it said there was no current password.

4. I added one in (same one to log in to my account online).

5. I plugged that info in to Adobe Digital Editions - and it worked! 

I wonder if it would have worked with a blank password before. Either way, I hope this helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the advice at the end of this thread...change your password to include only 1 symbol and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Can't login to ADE no matter what I do. This is the error that always popups up: 

"E_STREAM_ERROR: WinInet returned 0 (0)"

Installed different versions of ADE but still won't let me login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! The instructions for creating a password are letters, numbers and a symbol. Note 'a symbol'. I replaced one of the 2 symbols in the password by a number and now it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  I just got past it... hurray.

However, I made two changes and am uncertain which was the key.  Based on other's experiences, I'd guess it was changing the password.  Who knows.
Here are the two changes I made:
1. Turned off two-factor authentication.
2. Changed password.  I had letters, numbers and one symbol... changed it to just letters and numbers.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe it but this worked.

I tried to change the password to a basic one (Letters and Numbers). Didn't help.
I deactivated the two factor authentication... and now it worked... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks! Changed to 1 symbol only, and deactivated 2-factor authentification as well – so could have been that too. I'd already tried number + letters only password unsuccessfully.
God I hate software companies that have stupid conditions for passwords, but don't tell you what they are anywhere so you have to spend hours guessing / searching online to work it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just logged into Adobe here and both of my ID and Password work fine, but I cant get ADE to let me login. What am I doing wrong, my password is 7 letters, 4 numbers and 1 symbol, how are you all getting it to work?  Please help, I need this for work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some issues also while trying to authorize my pc with my adobe id. What worked for me was opening the time and calendar settings of windows and enabling "set time zone automatically". I also synchronised my clock. I think that for some reason adobe digital editions couldn't confirm the authorization request due to my pc's clock not being synchronized.

Hope this helps some of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed that a lot of the fixes on this thread are for people with personal accounts.

My account is through my university, so I cannot change the password.

Is there any way to fix this without changing the password as I am not allowed to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've had this same issue recently which was driving me crazy.

As suggested on a different thread, I downloaded v3.0 from this website as it doesn't seem to appear on the official Adobe website anymore.

WARNING: THIS DOWNLOAD IS NOT FROM AN OFFICIAL ADOBE SITE - DOWNLOAD FROM HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK

https://archive.org/details/AdobeDigitalEditions3.0.app

I spent a whole evening trying everything, including all the suggestions in this thread and came getting the same error:

"E_STREAM_ERROR: WinInet returned 0 (0)"

I'd read that the ADE server is a bit flaky so I thought I'd give up and try the next day. No luck. So I tried later the next day. Still no luck. Then I tried later that week. Still no luck. Then I tried the next week...

IT MIRACULOUSLY WORKED!!!

I hadn't changed a thing since the last time I'd tried.

As mentioned, I think the server is just down most of the time so I would recommend not giving up. If you're not getting anywhere, just try again another day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines