• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5 error Loan Token Not Found

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7, updated from ADE 4.0 to ADE 4.5.1, can't get past Loan Token Not Found error message when I try to open library book on Nook GlowLight 1.3.1 version & get error message Loan Token Not Found.

Has anyone been able to successfully resolve this error?

I've searched the Adobe Digital Editions Forums & researched the issue online & have seen several apparently workable solutions, yet none have been successful for me.

I've deleted & reinstalled ADE 4.5.1.  De-authorized computer, deleted Digital Editions from Nook GlowLight 1.3.1 & de-authorized device; re-authorized computer, reauthorized device; re-downloaded book from Library, re-copied book to device, safely ejected device from pc, tried to open book from Bookshelf in device & still get error message.

I even tried deleting ADE 4.5.1 & re-installing ADE 4.0, still get error message in same place.  Re-tried fresh install of ADE 4.5.1, etc. & no success, continue to get error message Loan Token Not Found.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

I stumbled across a solution that worked for me & has resolved my problem with not being able to open a library book on my Nook Glowlight that I had downloaded through ADE.  I regret that I did not make note of the particular post that had the winning solution.

The solution (for me) was to use the Google Chrome Browser to download the latest version of ADE to my computer.

BEFORE I used Chrome to download ADE, I used Uninstaller Pro to uninstall ADE that I had on my computer; used Windows Explore

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes its a error with the eBook itself. Have you check if you get a error with a other eBook of the Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanaky - thank you for the question.  That crossed my mind as well, so I did try two other books & with the same result & error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the ebooks successfully under Digital Edition or get you also the same error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanaky - I can successfully open the library books in ADE & read from there.  I can successfully copy the library books to my Nook GlowLight in ADE & also open the library ebook while still connected to ADE.  It is when I disconnect & try to open the library ebooks on my Nook GlowLight that I run into that error message Loan Token Not Found.

This is so frustrating for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to reset your reader, authoirze new and then move the the reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nanaky - sorry for the long delay in responding, life got in the way

In answer to your question, yes, I have tried resetting my Nook Glowlight, etc., as I mentioned in my original post.  My one-year old Nook Glowlight is now an expensive brick or paperweight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stumbled across a solution that worked for me & has resolved my problem with not being able to open a library book on my Nook Glowlight that I had downloaded through ADE.  I regret that I did not make note of the particular post that had the winning solution.

The solution (for me) was to use the Google Chrome Browser to download the latest version of ADE to my computer.

BEFORE I used Chrome to download ADE, I used Uninstaller Pro to uninstall ADE that I had on my computer; used Windows Explorer to locate the folder Digital Editions (or possibly Adobe Digital Editions) & used File Shredder to delete that folder; then used CCleaner to clean my computer; then I used Chrome to download the latest version of ADE to my computer; made sure that my computer was recognized as being authorized by ADE; then went to my local library overdrive website & downloaded an epub book to ADE; next connected my Nook Glowlight via USB, saw that it was recognized in both Windows Explorer & in ADE clicked on the book in ADE & then right-clicked to copy book to my Nook Glowlight; copy was successful; I safely ejected my Nook Glowlight from my computer; navigated to My Library on my Nook Glowlight, saw the library book, tapped on the icon & the book opened - YAY!!!

I do not know whether it was using Chrome to download ADE or downloading the current version of ADE (current as of April 23, 2016, 10:00 a.m., Central Daylight Savings Time) that was the magic solution, I just know that it worked for me.  Again I must say "YAY"!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had the same issue and found that this solution is way easier: borrow an "old" ebook with an earlier version of the DRM.

See detailed answer there:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/digital-editions/loan-token-not-found-on-nook-simple-touch/td-p/71711...

Tl;dr: I didn't need to uninstall / reinstall anything. I borrowed another different book old enough to have been edited prior to 2010 (arbitrary date). Send the book to your device, and I was able to open the book triggering the "Load Token Not Found" on my e-reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure how the old book some referred to works.  I spent hours doing everything from reauthorzing to reformatting multiple times, nothing was working.  I decided to give the ADE 3.0 a shot.  First thing is when you try to download it, it only worked when I tried to open the link by right clicking and then open in a new tab (not sure if it is a chrome thing).  Just normal clickin gon it never worked.  Once installed, re-authorzed everything and BOOM!  good to go!  Now to reinstall all my actual books (can't find the ones from B&N tho) and rebuild the shelves....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines