• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5. unable to open epub file

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just buyed and downloaded a new DRM unprotected epub book. ADE 4.5.10 (Windows 10) accepted to load the book in the library but refuses to open it (Message says in french "Des erreurs ont été détectées dans cet élément" which translates to "errors detected in this item"). All previously bought books, protected or not, still work fine. The book opens correctly in Calibre or in my digital book reader after transfer over USB. Looking in the forum, I tried every possible way to correct the problem, including changing the system date to a prievious day, uninstalling/reinstalling ADE, modifying the file date attributes, deleting and reimporting the book, rebooting etc. Nothing worked. Installing the backlevel ADE 3.0 however works fine and the book opens correctly. Reinstalling ADE 4.5. won't change however. Displaying the permissions info from ADE shows: Licensed to : Unknown, and all 3 operations allowed to any device, like all other unprotected epub books. Of course my computer shows in ADE authorized to my email and corresponding adobe-ID. 

This leads to stupid loss of valuable time. Please correct this strange behaviour asap. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just to confirm, this is a DRM ** unprotected ** book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem : errors detected in this item, with a book with a DRM protection. Did you find how to solve you problme?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines