• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE crashes and error #2038

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had ADE 4.5 on my laptop for 6 months. It worked fine until last week. Now it won't let me click on my kobo icon, it just crashes. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but that didn't work. I cycled through 1.7 (which didn't connect to the acms from my library), 2.0, 3.0, and 4.5, but none of them connect. I also sometimes get error #2038. On my husband's Mac it works fine, but I would like to be able to use my own laptop.

On my previous computer I used 3.0 for 4 years, until I had to downgrade to 1.7 to stop it crashing. This time that hasn't worked for me.

AdobeCare on Twitter told me to use the online chat, but they couldn't help me. They told me to look on forums because the "experts" respond 24/7. So far they haven't responded to any of the other discussions I have looked at, so I'm pretty frustrated.

Any tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operting System do are used?
Do have eBooks of a Library or of a reseller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 on my laptop, and I'm getting acsms from online public libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Not sure what other option there is for downloading borrowed books?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my books work except one which crash upon import, everytime, I've tried reinstalling, etc -- all the troubleshooting I can think of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Getting the message 'does not respond' when I want to read books I have just downloaded. Books appear to be fine and so is authorization… Nothing helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines