Highlighted

ADE crashes when connecting Kobo

New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Couldn't find the answer in the community yet so here we go.

I bought an .acsm eBook and my Kobo (Libra) won't let me read it before authorising my eReader via ADE. However, as soon as I connect my Kobo to my MacBook, the app instantly crashes. I've already tried reinstalling ADE and restarting my laptop, but nothing works. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ADE crashes when connecting Kobo

New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Couldn't find the answer in the community yet so here we go.

I bought an .acsm eBook and my Kobo (Libra) won't let me read it before authorising my eReader via ADE. However, as soon as I connect my Kobo to my MacBook, the app instantly crashes. I've already tried reinstalling ADE and restarting my laptop, but nothing works. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Can you please confirm the ADE version you are using? Also, please try the below steps and see if that makes any difference-

1. Quit ADE
  2. Take backup of the "My Digital Editions" folder in "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\" (for Windows) or "\Documents\Digital Editions" (for Mac)
  3. Delete the My Digital Editions folder.
  4. Launch ADE and check the issue again.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ajit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
AmyH1 LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have got the same issue! I work on an Macbook Air. 

I duplicated the 'My Digital Editions' folder and then deleted the original one. 

However, the same issue appears.

I use the ADE 4.5

Any other recommendations? 😉 

Regards,

Amy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0