• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE locks down books that belong to the user

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so fed up with this company. No longer any way to contact support for answers to questions or solving of problems. I had no idea that if I authorized a book without using my ID (which is a choice offered when activating) that the book would forever "belong" to that computer. So even if I activate a new purchase using my ID, I can't access the first book on that computer. This is tyranny. I own the friggin' book, not Adobe. Their only goal is to control their products, except in this case, the product is a magazine I bought, nothing to do with Adobe but becomes imprisoned in their system because it has to be read on ADE. 

TOPICS
Activation , ADE authorization , Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like other corporations, Adobe's focus has shifted from providing a useful e-reader to selling books and other content. If you didn't buy the content through Adobe, they no longer care whether or not it's available to you. The ebooks available through my library must be downloaded and read using Adobe Digital Editions, and that function is now broken. I can check out an ebook, but not download and read it. Apple's gone the same route with its latest macOS update.

I say a pox on all their houses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines