• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Locks Up On Import/Open of .ascm Book

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 and the latest version of ADE.

I borrowed a book through Overdrive and downloaded the .ascm file for it. When I try to open the file in ADE (either through double-clicking it or drag-dropping it into ADE), it begins to import with the 'Downloading Content...' dialog progress bar filling up. But when it seems like it should complete (progress bar full, 'Cancel' button deactivates), the dialog drops into the background but doesn't actually close. From this point ADE is locked up and I need to have Windows kill ADE.

When I reopen ADE, the book I was trying to import is in ADE, but if I try to open it, ADE locks up again. If I try to copy it over to my Nook, it also locks up.

The 'Welcome' ebook in ADE still opens as expected.

I've tried uninstalling ADE, rebooting, and then re-installing ADE and I get the same behavior. I've also tried re-downloading the .ascm file from Overdrive.

Any advice on how to get ADE to work properly?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try open Digital Edition.
Go to file > Add to Library.
Choose the file and try then open.

Do you used which OS? Which Version of Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the File->Add to Library menu option causes ADE to lock up, just like the other methods for importing the .ascm file.

As I said in my previous message, I'm running Windows 10 (latest version) and ADE 4.5.8 (latest version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has you try a other ebook File?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines