• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE no longer working

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a Nook Glowlight 3, so I started using ADE to transfer books borrowed from OverDrive. However, within the last week or so, ADE began acting up. At first, when I would open it, none of my files would show up. I did some research, both in Adobe forums and elsewhere, and did the “restore.old” renaming. That was a temporary fix. Then, it happened again...I uninstalled and reinstalled. It fixed again temporarily. When it kept happening, I uninstalled and reinstalled again, but this time it didn’t work. Finally, after leaving it alone a couple days, I opened it up again as I had new files and wanted to see if something had happened. Now, files displayed, but I got an error message that the files couldn’t be transferred. I saw a fix for that (deauthorizing and reauthorizing the device), so I tried to start the process. However, sometimes the program would freeze, leading to the need to force close through task manager, or just force close automatically upon trying to initiate the deauthorization. How do I fix this? 

TOPICS
ACSM files , ADE authorization , Deauthorization , Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a simple touch and I am having similar problems.  I talked with barnes and noble and they told me to download 3.0, which I did and now I am getting an activation error so it won't download at all and they said because it is an adobe problem then adobe has to help.  Since it isn't a paid for program adobe won't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines