• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE says "this book is not activated for current ADE user"

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I have a Mac (OS 10.12.5) and a Nook Glowlight Plus ebook reader, which I'm beginning to understand is a bad, bad combination.

When I downloaded Overdrive and then Libby onto my iPhone, my library suggested I sign on to ADE using my Overdrive account because that would make it easier to sync library books across my devices. Made sense, and it seems to work fine on my phone and my computer. But when I just tried to open a library book that I loaded onto my Nook, I had to sign on to ADE again, and then got a message saying, "Error opening book.. This book is not activated for current ADE user(s)." Sure enough, when I went to my Nook settings, I saw my e-mail address and a long, complicated letter-letter-and-number set as my ADE id, but when I went to my setting within ADE on my computer, I saw the same e-mail address, followed this time by "| Overdrive (urn:uuid:A-different-long-and-complicated-letter-and-number-set-than-appears-on-my-Nook) as what I assume is my ADE id, along with a checkmark that a note says indicates that this is the default account.

What I think needs to happen is that I need to get rid of the ADE account number on my Nook and replace it with the one that appears on my computer. What I can't figure out is how. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are a couple of help articles from OverDrive and Barnes & Noble that might work for you

How to transfer eBooks to a NOOK GlowLight Plus

NOOK GlowLight Plus - Transfer Files

To remove the authorization, can you remove it from your device's settings (from the Barnes and Noble article)? I'm unfamiliar with the Glowlight Plus menu options.

It's worth noting, however, that both articles mention that the Glowlight Plus has to be authorized with an Adobe ID. I'm not completely sure that it CAN be authorized with and OverDrive account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the authorization by doing a hard reset, which removed everything, including the books. (I was warned in advance and the books are also on my desktop computer, so no harm, no foul on that front.) Then I logged onto ADE again via the Nook, trying to get it to connect with the ID information currently in use on my computer...and no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same. I have no idea what to do. I've tried everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines