• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE to Kobo e-reader problem with new laptop

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I have written in a forum but I am annoyed and disappointed so I am going to write in the hope that someone somewhere will be able to help me! I successfully used ADE with my laptop, transferring library books to my Kobo e-reader. I then had to buy a new laptop (Windows 10 with ADE v4.5) and am now not able to transfer books. Over the past 3 days I have spent hours reading these Adobe forums and have tried everything suggested. This includes de/re authorising, deregit/re reg, uninstall/reinstall,  install earlier version (as recommended ?1.2.7, have forgotten now). Sometimes the books get as far as appearing in the ADE library but will not transfer to the connected Kobo e-reader. After I try another way they don't download there at all. When I check the authorisation, both the laptop and the Kobo say they are authorised to my account. I even tried setting up a new Adobe account using my little used gmail address but this was also unsuccessful. Each time I get a different error message including:'You can only authorise this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn't been previously used to authorise any other computer or mobile devices', 'Error- check Activation', 'Too Many Activations', 'Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER'.  I de-registered and de-authorised my old laptop. I checked the ADE version on the old laptop in case that made a difference. That one was v 3 so I then installed that on my new laptop. I have read about the possible need to ask Adobe to re-set my Adobe ID or re-set my Activations. Presumably I have entered something incorrectly somewhere but I have been going round in circles trying to sort it out myself. Yesterday I was pleased to find an Adobe Chatline but after 40 minutes I was no further on! A very pleasant man told me that he wasn't skilled to solve my problem and he sent me a link.........to this forum!! I am so exasperated as I don't know what to do next. I simply want to be able to transfer library books to my Kobo e-reader, which is what I could do previously without any problems. As the Chatline person didn't have the skill, I hope that a member of Adobe staff reads this and can help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is exactly one week later and there has been no help at all from any Adobe staff. I have just checked out their Support section again and now see........Free Adobe apps are eligible only for community support.

I think this is very poor and totally unhelpful. Surely there is someone who could help sort out my, and other people's, problems easily, with the knowledge. Such a dead-end as I do not know what to try next and in reading so many comments on the forums it seems that Adobe have made everything very unnecessarily complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and would appreciate a solution.  My old computer no longer works so unable to download onto my Kobo either.  Can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My similar issue: I can connect my Nook (Simple Touch, 2014 or so) to my older iMac (late 2012), using a USB-A to MicroUSB cable, and both the Nook's internal storage and its memory card show up in Finder (as two devices). But I have a new MacBook Pro with USB-C/Thunderbolt ports, so I bought a new USB-C to MicroUSB cable. The MacBook Pro cannot detect the Nook at all. I know the cable can transfer data, because I connected the MacBook to an Amazon Fire tablet, and configure the port (on the tablet) for file transfer, and then I can run Android File Transfer on the MacBook. Even this is no solution, because the laptop cannot open the Android device files. It cannot find the device in Finder.  At its best, AFT only supports file transfer and filesystem browsing within an application window. Except with the Nook, where it doesn't work at all.

So this might help with some very awkward workarounds, but does not let me use ADE with the Nook on my MacBook, the way that works seamlessly on my 2012-vintage iMac.  I was thinking I might have to buy a Kobo, but now I'm reluctant to try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi both, I have a different but similar problem and am also very annoyed by the not helpful adobe support. As it is a slightly different problem, I will try in a new post, but I wanted to express my symathies. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines