• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE will not authorise

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying Authorise ADE the following message is producted.

"can can only authorize this computer with an Abobe ID that hasn't been previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile device.  Please try again"

The version ADE is version 3. 

Any help would be greatfull

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Co

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

1. quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
  3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the steps above to the letter and can now de-authorise and re-authorise ADE with great alacrity, having done it several times. I can now open all but one of the DRM-protected books I have tried, but still can't open the one I really want. How can this method work for everything else and not sad little ebook?

Is there another method I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which error message you get such the eBook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an error message as such; it just presents the Authorisation Needed screen and once I have entered my authorisation and password it throws up "Incorrect login ID or password for the selected ebook vendor. Please try again."

I have cancelled my authorisation and started over several times but get nowhere. I have checked some other books in my library and they all open without issue. Why this is restricted to just one book is a mystery to me...and immensely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you open the eBook before without authorized?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I think the authorisation procedure has changed since I last went through it - before the present situation. I thought initially it was because I have just changed computers, but now that I have re-authorised the new computer surely it should work for all books with DRM protection. Looking at my purchase records, I actually bought the ebook last year and never got round to reading it. That could have been because I had trouble opening it but I don't recall having a problem and it is unlikely I would have given up without a fight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the file no before its a problem with the eBook itself. Have you contact the reseller of the eBook to check the download file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to Kobo, from whom I bought the book, after I couldn't open it in ADE. Kobo directed me back to ADE, saying only Adobe can activate DRMs. Just in case there was a problem with the download I re-downloaded it but had the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share the fix for Mac users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey

I have tried this, I've got to Library Application Support but I can't even find a Digital Editions folder much less the activation.dat file, I've also tried looking it up on the finder but nothing comes up. Is there anything else I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you has adobe digital edition authoirze before its a problem with the eBook itself. It was authorize. So the eBook has the error. Has you say that the Digital Edition was authorize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not open the ebook on my previous computer, although I had bought it. I just never got round to reading it - or, in this case, TRYING to read it. I'm not entirely sure what you are saying, but according to Kobo there is nothing wrong with the ebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get the error since the first open its the problem with the eBook. Have you ask if you can get a new download file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines