• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE will not work with NOOK V1

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter how many times I uninstall, clear temp internet files, Erase and Authorize my NOOK V1 I am not able to transfer my Libraries ePub books from my laptop to my nook using Libby and ADE.  The error: "CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED - no permission to copy the book" stops the transfer.  I have uninstalled all the windows apps and reinstalled as Adminstrator - didn't help.  The epub file permissions show that my email id (via Adobe) has permissions c/w viewing on any device.  Still the transfer fails.  My nook is even registered with the SAME email id as my Adobe Account - still notta.  I'm frustrated and discouraged.  Barnes and Nobel sent me a note stating that my NOOK V1 will be unsupported this month.  I can see that Adobe and B&N have no plans to get this working.  B&N WILL NOT suck me in to purchase another eReader just to drop me from support years down the road and make me throw it away.  There's got to be a better hardware product and ereader software company. 

Has anyone been successful getting this combination to work please?  ePub, Libby, ADE, Nook v1.   Thanks 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are authorize ade and your reader with the same ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE ID and eReader ID are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if the eBook have the permissions for copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to check if the eBook has copy permission.  The ADE ID shows Copy Permission = NO so I would believe that the eBook is NO also.  I have no idea HOW to change ADE ID to Copy Permission = YES.  I cannot find any instructions on ADE website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can you not change. This permission get the eBook of the creater of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying then that you MUST read using the device you have downloaded the file to If copy permission = NO.  How can you tell what the copy permission is BEFORE you download file? 

I want to download file to PC and then copy to eReader.  How do I see what the copy permission is BEFORE I download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal found you the info on the website how has download/order the eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry - I cannot understand what you meant by your last message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The info of the Copay permissions found you on the website how has order the eBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ordered the eBook with my Library.  Library permits borrowing the book for 14 days.  I do not want to read this book on my PC. I would like to read this book on my eReader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then the library has block the copy for this ebook. This can not change you. Sometimges librarys do not want that you can copy the eBook to a other device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines