• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE won't load, freezes constantly

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer, and installed ADE 4.5.11. I authorized the program using my Adobe ID. However, whenever I boot up the program, I just get a blank screen. I can see the menu at the top ("File Edit Reading Help"), and I can click on those buttons and the items within each menu. But the rest of the program window is just a white screen. If I add a file to the library (File -- Add to Library), the program freezes. If I drag and drop an ACSM file into the white window, it says that the content is loading, but it never changes beyond the white screen. Most of the time, the only way to exit the program is via Task Manager. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, de-authorizing and re-authorizing, and I just can't get it to do anything else. Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having the identical problem since I got my new laptop six weeks ago. It began when I was downloading an e-book from University of Chicago Press (which I'd done successfully many times on the old laptop), and I exchanged a dozen e-mails with a techie at U of C (who did her best!) without any luck fixing the problem.

I've been finding other readers to use instead, but if the book has DRM managed through Adobe, I'm stuck. Any help anyone can provide would be much apreciated. It's a Lenovo machine running Windows 10, in case that's relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines