Highlighted

ADE won't open

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last few days I have been unable to open ADE. It begins the process with the icon and then simply disappears without any error message. I have a virus program (Norton) so shouldn't have a virus. Hopefully. If I can't open ADE I can't download new books. I tried to download a previous version of ADE thinking it might help and can't do that either.

o.O Do you also use the option on the second start?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ADE won't open

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last few days I have been unable to open ADE. It begins the process with the icon and then simply disappears without any error message. I have a virus program (Norton) so shouldn't have a virus. Hopefully. If I can't open ADE I can't download new books. I tried to download a previous version of ADE thinking it might help and can't do that either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click > Run as Admin?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work?  YES and NO

It did work once. When I closed ADE and tried again, it would not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2018 0
sibr915 LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably only click the icon. I right clicked and selected run as admin then closed. I reopened it with the same step and it worked. Thanks so much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2018 0