• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.2 Freezes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download a library book Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.2 Freezes.  I use alt+control+delete for task manager to close Adobe Digital Editton.  When I open it back up, the book is not there.

I have Windows 10 laptop.

Any help I would really appreciate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does this happen with a specific book or with all eBooks?

You may try downloading an ebook from the Sample eBook Library to check if you face issues with that as well?

Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All books. I tried downloading one of your books and it froze.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try uninstalling ADE from your computer and then re-install it again by downloading it from Download | Adobe Digital Editions

I would also like to add that ADE 4.5.2 is not certified for Windows 10 as of now.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and even installed Adobe Editions 3, and

Adobe Digital Editions 3 doesn't work either.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Sharad Vatsa <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but I'm still on Windows 7. I also tried downloading ADE 3, but it wouldn't open at all, froze on the "Loading..." window. So I uninstalled that and downloaded 4.5.2 again from the location you  indicated. 4.5.2 froze at Migrating data 2%.

I don't know if it's useful, but these problems started for me while trying to download an ebook from Overdrive through my library, error was E_STREAM_ERROR:.There is a forum thread about this, too. Overdrive's only help was to try de-authorize and re-authorize which I have done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would they not certify for Windows 10?  If there were any other way to get my library books on my ereader, I would do it.  I do not find that Adobe Digital Editions is high on the priority list for Adobe.  Makes it very frustrating for many people.

Tavane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I have the same problem, but only with specific books coming from the Overdrive of my library. It used to work last fall, but this week the two books I tried to add froze my ADE. I downloaded one of the book from your sample library and had no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this potential solution in a different blog post.  I was having a similar problem.  I would download an ebook from the online library and either 1) ADE would freeze right there when it was "fulfilling" the book, or 2) the book would download, the thumbnail would appear in the ADE bookshelf, and then ADE would freeze.  In either case, after closing ADE using Task Manager and then reopening it, I could not find the borrowed library book in any ADE screen.

Here's a solution.  Find your "My Digital Editions" folder (mine was in C:\Users\<<My Name>>\Documents\My Digital Editions).  Change the name of that folder (I changed mine to "My Digital Editions - Bad").  Reopen ADE and wait.  ADE will recreate the "My Digital Editions" folder and sub-folders and move part or all of your library into the new folder.  But you have to be patient!

Eventually, ADE will reset and show you all of your bookshelves and the books they contain - even the newly borrowed book.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you. I have been trying for ages to sort my Adobe out. And this had solved my problems. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! More thant 2 years after your post, that was the solution for me too. Problem finally solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this has sorted out the same problem I have also had with ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many years later, it still solves the problem. After an afternoon uninstalling and reinstalling and another one chatting with Adobe support. THANK YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Your solution worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a years long problem. Tried this solution and what it didn't do is repopulate with any of my existing loans. Not sure if it would have solved the problem because I reset back to my old My Digital Editions folder and, of course, it still freezes.

It makes no sense that this doesn't get fixed given that overdrive requires you use this to download to a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

almost end of 2023 and this worked for me. thank you so much ❤️ can finally read graphic novels on my Kobo instead of just on the Libby app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Like the others, I spent hours trying for any kind of fix. Reinstall, reauthorize, pulled out hair. Why if this works, and it did,  does ADOBE not fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!  This fixed my issue as well 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was having the same roblem and this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much!  this worked!  I am back in business....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been trying for so long to fix this problem and your solution has worked. So much aggravation for a simple solution. Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines