• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.8 download link not updated

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of April 10 and 11, the Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.8 download link is still downloading 4.5.7.  Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please fix Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Der Text des Download-Links ist irreführend, denn der dort hinterlegte Installer 4.5 hat die korrekte aktuelle Version von 4.5.8.(182857)

regards by Jöns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site still has the wrong version.  I clicked on the download link and installed the software and it is version 4.5.7 182628.  Please if there is a way to get 4.5.8, let us know how.

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried to download version 4.5.8 for Windows today (2018/04/12) and got what was labelled the 4.5.7 installer when I opened it.  The installed executable that results from running the installer also shows that it is version 4.5.7.

When is this going to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also trying to install the pgm to get books onto a sony ereader. The .exe file downloads and starts then stops with the message that microsoft? is being notified and will close the pgm if solution not found.  Not OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the download link has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ryanm89598413

Where are you finding version 4.5.8?  I go to the adobe digital editions page and click on download and it takes me to a page where I can select to download the windows or macintosh version of the program.  I download and install the windows version and it is still version 4.5.7.

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it hasn't.  Not for the Windows version anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of around 15 minutes ago, the Windows installer for Adobe Digital Editions version 4.5.8 linked to from

https://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html is actually for version 4.5.7.182628 and is being flagged by Belarc Advisor as having a critical security vulnerability.

Is the posted version patched and up to date and someone at Adobe forgot to update its internal version number? Or did someone at Adobe forget to update the download link? Or is the patched Windows version not actually available yet?

There's been no response from Adobe to this problem report -- again, relating to an ostensibly critical security vulnerability -- in 3 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going on day 4 and still no word from Adobe.  Don't they monitor this forum???  They don't offer any support other than the forum and they don't post here????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I tried the download link and it's pointing the 4.5.7 exe.  But if you go to their FTP site, I was able to download 4.5.8.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/

Hope that helps.

THIS STILL NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@soccerguy03

Thanks for the link.  I am starting to think that Adobe doesn't actually look at these forums and that they really don't support the Digital Editions product.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thinking and well done, soccerguy03. It's a shame Adobe hasn't read this thread and updated the link at the https page, since that's what the overwhelming majority of search results point to. (And apparently, that's also what Digital Editions' own internal update-checking mechanism points to.) So, yes:

THIS STILL NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, soccerguy03, that was the help we needed.  Now my Secunia PSI program, that scans the computer for outdated software, can stop grousing that I have an insecure version of Adobe Digital Edition installed that's causing a security threat.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PBear.SF

Are you aware that PSI is end of life on April 20th and will stop working?

See their forum here for more info.

https://secuniaresearch.flexerasoftware.com/community/forum/thread/show/16037/psi_end_of_life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Mr Henshaw, I was totally unaware.  First Xmarks bookmarks coordinator and now PSI, biting the dust in the same month -- two of the most essential utilities created for use on PCs and two I have used for what seems forever (at least 10 years for Xmarks, even longer for PSI).  I despair at finding suitable replacements for either of them and dread the amount of effort it will require to try out various candidates, if any.

Thanks very much, though, for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In lieu of Secunia, try SUMo (Software Update Monitor, from KC Softwares) to check for available application updates of any kind (security, feature, bug-fix, or other), and Belarc Advisor to check for missing security updates only for major applications, plug-ins, runtime environments, and Windows itself. I uninstalled Secunia two or three years ago, but based on the last time I used it I can say that while Belarc is less comprehensive in scope than Secunia, it is considerably faster and less buggy. SUMo catches pretty much everything, so long as you configure it to also scan "custom folders" where you've "installed" any portable apps. From time to time you'll get a false positive in both SUMo and Belarc Advisor, but by and large they're pretty reliable.

I have no recommendations for a replacement for Xmarks. I rely on history much more than bookmarks, so I tried using it to sync my browsing history across multiple browsers. Unfortunately, that never worked for me, so I uninstalled it before its termination was announced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines