Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Edition crashes on iPad while opening acsm file from library

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I just purchased a book with acsm extension.

I down loaded the app from AppStore on my iPad, signed in with my id, it auto downloaded. when finished, application hanged and crashed.

I tried several times, deleted app, reinstalled it, without any luck

I'm not able to use my purchased book.

please Adobe people help me?

Best regards,

Lea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Hi,

Would you be able to check whether you are facing this issue with this specific ACSM file or with other ebooks as well? You may try downloading an eBook from the Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions and test with it.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up,

no one can help?

thaks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on an Ipad 11 pro. I can see my books on the app but when I try to open one of these the App crashes...No problem if I try to open them on my Win 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you be able to check whether you are facing this issue with this specific ACSM file or with other ebooks as well? You may try downloading an eBook from the Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions and test with it.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you're right. this means the acsm file I bought is faulty. I'm going to contact the vendor.

thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards,

Lea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Que tal! Tengo el mismo problema pero con la diferencia que puedo abrir el archivo en la app de escritorio en mi pc (windows 10). El problema persiste con el iPad, no hay forma que pueda abrir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem and have tested with the sample library. My ipad is able to sync and download the books and they appear in my library screen. However every time i tap one to try and read it the app crashes and returns to the ipad home screen. Ive tried deleting and reinstalling, power cycling multiple times but the result repeats each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines