Highlighted

Adobe Digital Edition not showing the library contents or device info

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed Adobe Digital Edition (ADE) so I can hopefully download library books to my Nook.  On my first attempt eveything seemed to work ok.  I saw the book in the library, etc.  But I did not see my Nook or anything else as a device.  I did have to drag and drop the book to get it on my nook and it showed up there, but I couldn't open it without an Adobe password.  I used the Adobe user and password that was used to authorize my computer when I installed ADE, but got error messages.

This morning I talked to Barnes & Noble for a while before they told me to get with Adobe.  I have tried several things including uninstalling ADE, erasing authorization and then authorizing.  My open ADE screen does not look at all like it did when I first installed it two days ago.  I don't see the Library contents or anything else on the right hand side of the screen.  All I have are four options at the top.  File, Edie, Reading, and Help.

I tried to add to the library under the File menu and when I tried to do that I received a message that the book could not be added because it is already in the library.  Help!

TOPICS
Download, Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Digital Edition not showing the library contents or device info

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed Adobe Digital Edition (ADE) so I can hopefully download library books to my Nook.  On my first attempt eveything seemed to work ok.  I saw the book in the library, etc.  But I did not see my Nook or anything else as a device.  I did have to drag and drop the book to get it on my nook and it showed up there, but I couldn't open it without an Adobe password.  I used the Adobe user and password that was used to authorize my computer when I installed ADE, but got error messages.

This morning I talked to Barnes & Noble for a while before they told me to get with Adobe.  I have tried several things including uninstalling ADE, erasing authorization and then authorizing.  My open ADE screen does not look at all like it did when I first installed it two days ago.  I don't see the Library contents or anything else on the right hand side of the screen.  All I have are four options at the top.  File, Edie, Reading, and Help.

I tried to add to the library under the File menu and when I tried to do that I received a message that the book could not be added because it is already in the library.  Help!

TOPICS
Download, Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After posting my problem with ADE above, I waited for some response.  Having none, I tried again to resolve the issue myself.  I uninstalled the program and this time I also deleted My Digital Files floder and all contents.  I then reinstalled ADE.  It looked like it did the first time I loadedit.  I was so Happy.

I then downloaded a borrowed epub book and it showed up in the ADE Library.  Happiness again! Next step was to connect my Nook and transfer the book to teh Nook.  I connected the Nook, but ADE did not show it as a device.  So I couldn't add the book to the Nook that way.  I tried to copy it to the Nook and it did paste there under adobe-digital editions, but nothing shows up in the library now.

Next I decided to install ADE on the Nook.  After finding it and attempting to install it, I recieved a message that my device was not compatible with this version of ADE!!! Iquit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 0