• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11 is not launching on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest version of Adobe Digital Editions is not launching on my computer (Windows 10). I have tried reinstalling, opening in admin, and deleting My Digital Editions folders. None of the above has worked. Downloading and using an older version of ADE is not desirable because then I have to somehow relicense all of my purchased content for the older version. A similar problem arises if you reinstall ADE into a different file location, because then licensing/authorization issues arise again. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem, too - I have 4.5.11, and it was working fine yesterday, but would not open today.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto - extremely annoying when you can't access a purchased book. (Not to mention, it's obnoxiously slow when it does open). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. This morning, I could open it, and now it keeps trying to load the library. Really annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - what computer are you guys using? I am using a Dell PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem and adobe is not willing to assist me with this. I've purchased a textbook and now do not have access to it for my coursework. I will need to purchase a hard copy if this is not addressed. Very frustrating and surprising that Adobe would let this happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had problems for some time with adobe 4.5, all I can do is download the purchased book as epub, then I send it to google play and read on my tablet in google books (where the adobe digital editions app also doesnt work), as I cannot see any of my purchased books. Today I uninstalled it after installing Adobe Digital Editions vesion 3.0 and it works perfectly, I can see all my library of books and read them. I am using the latest version of Windows 10. I suggest you all do the same. Interestingly purchased epubs which require an authorzed account read ok in google books, but not always in overdrive, even though I use it with authorization for our local library books successfully. No book with digital rights in it opens in Calibre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, I experienced the problem not too long ago e.g. working one day, not working the next. I am just surprised the problem is still there after all your posts. Anyone was able to solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines