Highlighted

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11 not running anymore

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been successfully been using ADE on my computer (Windows 10) for the last month to read my college class text book, then last week when I went to start the program it will not open. The cursor changes to the hourglass as if it is loading, but the program never opens. I have tried running it as administrator, and also re-installing it which doesn't change anything. I was instructed to download and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and then reinstall ADE and that hasn't worked either. I also read a forum thread of a similar issue that instructed to rename the My Digital Editions folder to My Digital Editions.old under My Documents, which also changed nothing. No one by phone has been able to fix this from my university's tech support as well as Adobe's support.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11 not running anymore

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been successfully been using ADE on my computer (Windows 10) for the last month to read my college class text book, then last week when I went to start the program it will not open. The cursor changes to the hourglass as if it is loading, but the program never opens. I have tried running it as administrator, and also re-installing it which doesn't change anything. I was instructed to download and run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and then reinstall ADE and that hasn't worked either. I also read a forum thread of a similar issue that instructed to rename the My Digital Editions folder to My Digital Editions.old under My Documents, which also changed nothing. No one by phone has been able to fix this from my university's tech support as well as Adobe's support.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 19, 2020 0

Have something to add?