• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 not Authorizing e-reader

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have recently purchased a Kobo Clara HD e-reader. Prior to this I had purchased a Kindle paperwhite and created an Adobe ID and downloaded ADE onto my Mac. Realized that I was unable to get library books on my Kindle as I am in Canada and sent the paperwhite back. I recently just purchased a Kobo Clara HD. ADE is still installed in my computer under my Adobe ID. I downloaded a library book from DownloadLibrary onto ADE and then was able to transfer it onto my Kobo. However when I try to open the book on my Kobo it says that my device needs to be re-authorized and then I need to re-import my book. I have tried this but it did not work. I tried deleting my Adobe ID and then creating a new account with the same Adobe ID but this did not help my problem either. I read some other forums and they said to uninstall and re-install ADE. That's what I am trying to do now but when I am trying to erase-authorization it asks for my password for my Adobe ID and then it says my credentials do not match. Tried resetting my Adobe ID password but the same message is popping up about my credentials not matching. Please help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to clarify, it is saying my credentials do not match when I try to erase authorization on ADE. I am trying to do this so I can re-authorize and un-install/re-install ADE to see if this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sometimes ( not always and  I don't know why !) the same problem, the solution suggested by my library is to use previous version of Digital Editions, it works, but if you are on a mac with Catalina the precedent version does not work anymore. In my case I installed a virtual machine. 

Hope this help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean, virtual machine? VPN?  I spend most of my life in China where cannot access Kobo without VPN. Purchased books download to ADE & transfer to reader fine. library books about 50/50. No logic in why some, not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem downloading ebooks from the public library until they suggested I set up my OverDrive integration on the Kobo. The OverDrive's instructions here: https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/2194.htm Once that's set up, tapping the sync button at the top right of the Kobo should easily download most titles to your device.

Another suggestion was to downgrade to Adobe Digital Editions version 3.0 as version 4.5 is buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines