• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 will not open on Windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have installed ADE 4.5 on my computer with windows 10 and I was using it without a problem till yesterday. I shut down my computer yesterday after my reading, then today morning when I restarted my computer and tried to open digital editions 4.5, it will not open. I have tried uninstalling it and then re-installing it all over again without any success. I have not updated, installed, or changed anything since yesterday when digital editions was working properly. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on Digital Edition and choose option run as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in Windows 10. I right clicked and selected Run as Administrator, but the Authorise Computer is still greyed out, so not giving me an option to authorise computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am also having this same problem. Running on Windows 10 - I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting computer, running as admin - all the same restults: I get the spinning blue "loading" cursor as if the it's opening....and then nothing happens. 

I tried these instructions above as well through the Registry Editor - tried the whole thing exactly as described twice but still the same results. 😕 No change - it acts like its about to load, and then never does.

Any other help out there??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I´ve got the same problem and tried all the suggested solutions as well.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines