• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions and Kobo Libra H2O

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, last week I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions on my PC in order to be able to borrow books from my library and transfer them to my Kobo Libra H2O.  It worked fine, no problem.  So now I want to borrow another book, I have it on my computer and can open it and read it.  But I want to transfer it on my Kobo.  I can do the transfer from my computer to my Kobo but when I try to open it on my Kobo, I get a message that this book is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management  (DRM). So I uninstalled Adobe Digital Editions and reinstalled it again.  Still works fine on my computer, I'm still able to transfer it to my Kobo, but I get the same message.  But it's now saying also that since I unauthorized my Kobo previously, I have to reimport the book again.  Which I did again and again.  I authorized the device on my PC.  So I don't know what to do anymore.  Can somebody help me?  Sorry for my english, I speak french.  Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been thinking to buy Kobe Libra H20, but I need a device that supports ADE ... now I'm not sure. Did you solve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there was a post from jackym94928894 dated Dec 21 2018 that helped me solve that problem. I kept a copy of the post just in case.  But a few months later, I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and ADE wouldn't work.  I had to download an older version of ADE.  But finally, everything works fine!  I have attached the post that helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour Nathalie,
A year later, I experience your exact same problem with my Kobo Libra H20 and ADE 4.5 on two different macs, one running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and the other running Mojave 10.14.6.
After many initial headaches, I was able to read library loans on the ereader for some time, and then one day I started having the same issue you describe. I can read the epubs from the library on the ADEs installed in each Mac, transfer the ebooks to the Kobo device, but unable to open them in Kobo. Attached is a screenshot of the message I get each time I try to open with the Kobo a library loan that I can indeed read on ADE, whether from the "All items" section or the "Kobo ereader" section on ADE.
I've spent hours on support with Kobo to no avail. My reader has been collecting dust from the lack of use for months. The only reason why we got the (expensive) Kobo Libra H20 was to read library loans. Not sure who is at fault here. But it has been a nightmare to deal both with ADE and Kobo software, as many hours have been wasted on unresolved issues. So far, I regret my purchase and do not recommend ADE or Kobo Libra to anyone.
If anyone has any helpful insight into this problem, I’d appreciate their reply.

Sincerely,

Disappointed Too.

KoboLibraH20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Problem is with the new version of Adobe Digital Editions 4.5. You need to go to version 3 to make your Kobo reader (I have a Kobo Libra H20) working. I spent may hours trying to resolve without success. I found a post saying you should return to version 3. I then spent another hour to find it. Installed it and it worked. 

Here is a link that exist today:

https://adobe-digital-editions.software.informer.com/download/#downloading

Hopefully Adobe will work a way to correct this but I would not hold my breath over this. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 fixed the problem of authorization DRM, but created other problems. Some epub books dont show properly in ADE version 3.0. Missing texts, etc, ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines