Adobe Digital Editions – Anonymous Activation

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not have an Adobe id, and want to get right to reading the book, you can choose to authorize your device without an ID. You can continue to download and read all books in this utopian environment, as long as you don’t need to transfer these books to a different device, or you de-authorize ADE.

Now if you wish to do one of the above, and still preserve access to the books you’ve currently downloaded, follow the steps below:

ade1.png

So this gives rise to the question: If I have activated ADE without an ID, is there a way to activate with an Adobe ID and continue reading books fulfilled using the anonymous account, and also move the books to other devices? The answer is YES, but there is a catch.

You can achieve it and activate ADE again directly without de-authorizing the existing anonymous account. The catch here is, it should be a fresh Adobe ID which is not activated on any other device or computer.

ade2.png

"I have an Adobe ID and am using it on another machine. Is it possible to associate the existing ID with the anonymous account?

No, because once an ID is activated, a unique UUID will get associated with this user account. In the fresh ID case, it will be associated with the UUID of the Anonymous account.

Do I have to maintain both the accounts?

You can join your existing account with the newly created account, which will allow devices activated with one Adobe ID (or Vendor ID) to read books previously fulfilled with another Adobe ID (or Vendor ID).

"I have de-authorized anonymous activation without activating it with new Adobe ID and lost access to my books fulfilled on my PC with anonymous activation". Can I access the books again?"

No, you must get a new acsm file from the vendor and fulfill again.

TOPICS
ACSM files, Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help, i have a kobo reader and bought a eBook via Takealot, however after down loading the book to my PC the book does not want to open. I have installed ADE and authorized my labtop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May I know the ADE version you are using?

Are you getting any error message while opening the book?

Regards,

Ajit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hen I tranfer  book fron Adobe to my reader amesage tell: My reader is not autorize to open that book

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Who can help with an answer please.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote: "I have de-authorized anonymous activation without activating it with new Adobe ID and lost access to my books fulfilled on my PC with anonymous activation". Can I access the books again?"

No, you must get a new acsm file from the vendor and fulfill again.

have same issue....

i tried downloading the acsm file again and again but program keeps saying unauthorized. bought book and downloading from rakuten kobo.. please help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using my ADE to read ebooks from Google just fine, but I have a question that has been driving me a bit mad.

How does ADE "know" about my Google account?

My Adobe ID is a totally different email address, but I am able to download the ACSM files and read them just fine.

How does that work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apparently have authorised another device with my Adobe ID. Can I remove that device from my Adobe ID and authorise another device?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I believe that I need to create an new Adobe ID. I need to therefore create a new account with a different E-mail?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so I downloaded a textbook onto my computer through ADE, but accidentally forgot to associate it with my adobe ID , so I can only access it on my computer, but I need access to it on multiple devices. Is there a way to reverse this so I can have the book tied to my adobe ID??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Saurav_Ghosh ,

I have the same question as @Lara5EC6  but I see there hasn't been a response to it yet, so I'll ask again :). I initially thought I didn't need to connect my account when I installed Adobe Digital Editions, but it now turns out I do. However, when I try to authorize my computer, I cannot click on this option in the menu (see screenshot below). How can I change this?

ADE.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I did this with a purchased ebook but i now need too add it to my account so i can access it on other devices.

Is there a way to do this without repurchasing it?

Also, I'm using adobe on a mac for the first time and there is no way to log into my account on the application

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to download a library book Adobe has made it impossible to download ADE 3.0 which was the only thing that worked for Kobo.  Solution:  buy a Kindle.  Seemless when you want to read library books. Obviously Adobe and Kobo have a deal so that library download won't work anymore and you are forced to buy overpriced Kobo books.  #boycottKOBO, #boycottADOBE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines