Highlighted

Adobe Digital Editions authorization

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have one Kobo reader presently authorized for ADE.  At one time I had two.  For some reason, one unit dropped the authorization, and now I cannot reauthorize.  How many units can I authorize with an Adobe ID?  How can I unauthorize that which I cannot see.  And how can i begin to authorize my second unit. When I attempt to authorize I get an error message stating Limit of number of machines authorized for this ID has been reached

Correct answer by 29widder | Community Beginner

I have done that but as of yet received no reply

Roger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have one Kobo reader presently authorized for ADE.  At one time I had two.  For some reason, one unit dropped the authorization, and now I cannot reauthorize.  How many units can I authorize with an Adobe ID?  How can I unauthorize that which I cannot see.  And how can i begin to authorize my second unit. When I attempt to authorize I get an error message stating Limit of number of machines authorized for this ID has been reached

Correct answer by 29widder | Community Beginner

Roger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can authoirze 6 devices. Which error message you get exactly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need activation reset because I have been trying to fix error downloading books from library and doing factory resets on ereader. I get message “ I have reached maximum # of devices “ when I try to authorize my device but only have one ereader.

Roger

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case should wirte a adobe staff person. (Staff under the name in forum.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kobo update and use overdrive direct for liburay works great. Will not fix the Google purchases though

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Limit of number of machines allowed per ID reached

code: E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http//adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 5883:883;6883 um:uid:0f425b44-3118-12b3-8054-9c42ccb22555

this computer cannot be authorized with your ID because you have reached the limit number of computers or devices that can be authorized with the same ID

I am assuming, because I have tried many times, that may be the reason that I have exceeded.  In that case I would need a method to reduce the supposed activations

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Limit of number of machines allowed per ID reached

code: E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http//adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 5883:883;6883 um:uid:0f425b44-3118-12b3-8054-9c42ccb22555

this computer cannot be authorized with your ID because you have reached the limit number of computers or devices that can be authorized with the same ID

I am assuming, because I have tried many times, that may be the reason that I have exceeded.  In that case I would need a method to reduce the supposed activations

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the issue should send a staff person a private message (under the name are display Staff).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new at this and do not know my way around the forum.  where do I find display staff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about you, but my authorizations are now working.  As I did not do anything lately, I can only assume that Adobe has done something at their end.  I will never know

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes hopefully they were monitoring this discussion and did a reset

created by Theo71 <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Theo71> in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9509899#9509899>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If is work again its seems so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ik heb hetzelfde probleem , misschien dat het bij mij ook lukt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new laptop and I want to load ebooks from my new laptop to my kobo reader, it does not work.

The new laptop seems to have a different Adobe ID, please help, I have tried for 4 hours wit no avail...

Thank you

Martina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour Martina

I have the same problem as you

you tell me how you fix it?

Thank you

Sylvie

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Sylvie. Same problem. Frustrating. Any news? It seems to be a very common Adobe Digital Editions issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
KipTW LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a problem with ADE.

It worked fine up until July 15, 2020. Since then, when I click the PDF link at Archive, nothing happens except that I get an empty new tab. ADE does not start up as it used to. I tried erasing authorization and re-authorizing, to no avail. Running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron, if that's relevant.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0